Favour....

Stoty

TOO many divorce happening in North America. In other culture, people get married because they are commited to it first, and love comes afterwards. While in North America, people get married for many wrong reason and expectation, if they fall out of love, they don't need to stay married.

Our society also promotes divorce for it is good for the economy. Everything is doubled from housing to cars to expenses.

Avoid Divorce Lawyers if you can, or go to a mediator, this will save you a tons of money . Go to the net and search for a mediating lawyer.

I do not know how long you were married for, but I survive the first 5 years of storm. My wife and I road it out, and it has been 17 years since we got married, and nothing can rock us again. We are very close today, and my wife knows that fishing and tennis is good for me, and I always appreciate her in everything she does for me. I still see my wife as being the same beautiful lady I first met her. I can say today that if one can ride out the storm , the sun is always shinning at the end of the dark clouds. Even if there are other physical beautiful women around, I would think twice about trading my wife just by mere charming women.

Loving someone is a choice, wanting to love someone takes effort. We are all selfish human beings, and we love only things that are convenient to our lifestyle. We always Love for the wrong reason. We love junk food which is not good for us and we hate excercising for it takes hard work.

Spiritual and Moral issues is not part of relationship building these days, our society believes that we can do anything we want and there are really no set guidelines on how to live the right way. Anything goes and there is no absolute right or wrong anymore.

Marriage is just like any other business contract, in worse scenerio, we can file bankruptcy and still get protected by the law while others gets burned by some fraudulent action.

In the old days before paper money or gold had existed as a means of payment, Someone is given the title a "Gentleman" for he has earned the rights to own a piece of land. Before he earned this title, he has to establish proper credit. A local grocery clerk will loan this person some seed for plantation, the farmer promise that once he has harvested his crops, he will in turn pay back number of times the seed that he had borrowed. Every transaction was through hand shake and word of honor. In a small town, good and bad reputation spread fast. After numerous successful transaction and can take years to accumulate. Others will vouch for this person and give the Title that this Gentleman is good for His word. A Gentleman is of the highest honor and the Title is earned. Their yes means yes and their no means no!

I rode the storm because I promise to my wife, to our parents, to my God, for our future kids sake as being a good example, and my reputation as a Gentleman. It also take my wife and I to believe in the same values. It takes two to create unity, inspite of us being very much diverse. My wife is a city Gal and I am somewhat a country guy, but opposite do attract, it can work!

I came from a third world country where many men are still the boss, while my wife was born in Toronto and she believes she can also be the boss. We both have to go through challenges in life to prove and disprove that no one is the boss, except God.

Most women are generally a responder, what we thow at them, comes back at us. I also learned from other successful marriage that it is better to lose as many battles as we can afford, as long as we can win the war at the end.

Great post. I just had my wife read it! :thumbsup_anim:

Sinker

bassfighter wrote a fantastic post.

So Stoty it comes down to this. You need to determine if your query of separation is motivated by the prevalent "me" generation commonly found in society today. If it is, you need to realize that this could be a recurring theme without significant lifestyle changes and choices.

If it isn't, then the absence of children and other entanglements make this the perfect time to make a clean break.

Carefully review your motives while reading again what bassfighter has written. Life is full of sacrifices but when these sacrifices undermine your personality and values then it is time to check out.

Good luck and wisdom in making a very important decision.