Scugog and Goreskis' landing

sully

Howdy all

Have not visited here in a long time(got into dirtbiking), my membership even changed...

no matter.

I was wondering if anyone has a trailer @ Goreskis' landing and maybe could offer some input as to how much

they like the park, or dislike....

Also, if we do indeed buy said trailer, whats the fishing been like on Scugog, I have not fished it in

about 15 years....

Any info would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers

Sully

My bro-in-law bought a trailer in there last fall near the end of the season but didn't get around to putting his boat in the water until last weekend...He and I just toured around on the lake on Sunday afternoon but did not fish...lots of weeds so there should be lots of bass and pickerel...

Some things I don't really understand with trailer parks...put in an air conditioner...fork over $250 more for the season and $60 more for a regular size toilet...

I will say it is a much nicer trailer than what he had at Sandercock's on Rice Lake...

Lots of playground stuff for the kids and it looks like a decent swimmimg pool and beach...

Thanks Beans

Ya, the park looks nice... and it should with the seasonal fee's they charge....

I assume they charge extra for the air con. because its a power drain

as for the regular toilet, who knows...

hope the fishing is good...

Just want to get a feel for what others think the park is like before we dive i n....

Thanks for the info

Hi Sully I have had a trailer at Goreski`s for 6 years now and I have very little to complain about with the exception being the park rates they are getting up there.

If you have kids they have lots of planned activities and they put in a new splash pool for the young ones last year.

They have a dance every Friday and Saturday with live bands on most weekends and it`s licensed.

There is a resturant with a patio and a full service marina.

Don`t be afraid of negotiating some of the trailer that are for sale have been on the market for sometime so don`t be afraid of starting with a low price despite what George or Val say.

As far as the fishing goes it`s pretty good, if you are into Musky the lake is loaded with them nothing huge but they are fairly easy to catch and sometimes a pain in the arse case in point last year I was fishing a tube for smallies and I caught the same Musky twice in ten minutes.

The Bass fishing is pretty good as well and judging by the weights the pro`s were pulling in last year at the tournaments it`s getting better.

The Walleye fishing can be hit and miss and is not as good as it used to be a few years ago the fact the MNR changed the regs for Walleye this year would bear this out.

The one thing that bugs me sometimes about the fishing on Scugog is the numbers of Bass tournaments it seems like there is one every weekend on the bog, I know Bass pro`s are people to (I think) but every weekend is a little much.

If you do decide that the park is right for you and you buy a trailer drop me a PM and we will hook up and drown some worms.

Thanks for your info about your trailer in Goreski. I know they give you a pass to the entrance, does this pass good for the winter and do you live in the trailer in winter, if you do, can you use your pass card to go in?

Thanks!

The park never really closes however there is no hydro and water come the middle of October.

There are people who use their trailers in the winter(ice fishermen,cross country skiers) heat and cooking are no problem as the trailers use propane hydro can be provided by a generator water can be carried in and I guess you could use a porta potti to do your business.

I suggested to my wife that we try some winter trailer parking and she just looked at me like I had a horn growing out of forehead.

I suggested to my wife that we try some winter trailer parking and she just looked at me like I had a horn growing out of forehead.

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, but I have to tell you, I almost spit out my morning coffee when I read this.... :thumbsup_anim::D

Thanks for the info Mr. lookinforwalleye.

I did enjoy icefishing along time ago, even had a portable hut.

maybe this is the perfect oppertunity to get back into it...

Appreciate your help, and will look you up if we do buy the trailer....

thanks again

Sully