anybody made bivy frame from PVC?????

brkygetr

ok gonna make a portable fishing/hunting bivouack that is framed in PVC pipe and has a sewn 'ripstop' shell. I have been exploring the prospector tent idea for some time but just can't justify paying the price when I figure I can build one just as easy, and a LOT cheaper! For many years my friends and i have been building our own every year from cut birch saplings and covering it with poly. This works good but every year we have to rip it down and stash the poles in the bush (which rot eventually) and then throw away our 6 ml poly (which is much easier to bring IN on a roll then to take OUT in an annoying ball of plastic!) cause its full of staple holes and such.

SOOO.... I am gonna build one that is made of PVC and has a permanent shell that I can just throw over top. All of this will fit into the bed of a truck or a boat easy enough and can be set up quickly. :thumbsup_anim: At least thats the idea.

Has anybody done this???? Problems to avoid?

Any help would be appreciated.

I built a shed over our ski-doo,which is summered on skids,out of 11/2 PVC and it's holding up fine.....The plumber I got some pipe from said to keep it out of the sun,it'll break down if exposed too long.....Hope it works out for you ....TC and tight lines.........Chuck....

right on GCD I'll check that out.....this will not be in the sun for long periods of time as I will be using it as a camp in various locations and taking it down when I leave. It is gonna be 12 x 16 though so I am a little concerened about the weight bearing on conduit ( I am assuming this conduit is only 1 inch???)