My turn to ask...

Beans

Last year my son, bro-in-law, and a couple of friends got their walking papers from the new owners of Sandercock's camp on Rice Lake...(actually all the residents got the two-week eviction notice)...Those that just walked away, had their trailers bulldozed down and moved away...

Anyways...My bro-in-law (and fishing partner) bought a newer trailer in the park at Goreski's...He has rented a slip for his alumacraft but doesnt have the slightest idea where to start fishing...

I haven't done much fishing on the 'bog since the late 40's when I was limited to the causeway with a long bamboo pole...

Anyone care to share some info of general areas ???

Please PM me as I know this is not the best place to give your secret places...thanks guys...

Just had the last of this spring's crappie for supper so we need to replenish our stash...(joke...I only kept four) :D

Mmmmm...Mmmm...Good !

Edited by Beans

It's true Brian...I got my first rod and reel for Christmas when I was twelve (spring steel rod and a Shakespeare Wondereel)...my grandfather never owned a rod and reel but he caught an awful lot of fish with bamboo poles including the odd musky... :D

Edited by Beans

your slip is pretty much in the best spot on the west arm...fish the shoreline right as you come out of goreski's up to the cottage with the boat house for largies in a few weeks... one of the best drop offs is straight out from Goreski's pretty much in the middle of the lake, there is a 14-17ft channel, troll , cast or jig and you will pick up fish in it !!....the rest of the west arm is pretty much shallow weeds...as for the east side of the island, i don't know much other than fishing the mouth of the Scugog river, as it has some depth to it...

My dad and I fish up there starting around this time of year. We go out in the early morning for a few hours or the same in the evening. Try to find some weedlines in about 4-6 feet of water and also large weed pockets. We use yellow or chartreuse 3 inch twister tails on a 1/8 or 1/4 ounce jighead. The shoreline along Goreski's and around the mouth of the Nonquon is good.We just putt along with the electric motor and follow the weedlines and are basically flipping out the jigs.

Yep, straight across from goerki's channel or turn right and look for new weed growth.

Sent you a pm with chart links-should help. We launch from Goerski's a lot, had my kids at their beach and pools-seems like a great park for young kids. I'm always dragging my son off the giant tires at the playground area-your family should like that park.

Much thanks to all who replied or Pm'd me info...sure is going to help get started...Rice Lake, like Scugog has its share of weeds so we are used to fishing them...

Hey Dawg:...You can bet your donkey we will be beating the waters to a froth and searching out new areas...