Any member has a boat in Lake Scogug

CRAPPIE

I know Lake Scogug is a very shallow lake and planning to put a 19' boat in one of the marina, just wonder that length of boat has any problem to curise on the lake and any big hidden rock in the scogug area?

Afraid to hit big rock in that shallow water.

Any input will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Guest skeeter99

no should not have a problem

the only rocks are around the birch island view lake area , and the small rock pile at the top of the island across from the boat launch but they are quite aways away form cruising around mid lake

were u keepin it goreski's/westshore/port perry?

stay between the markers until you get to know the lake, markers from Port Perry all the way up the Scugog River.

If you are moving your boat to different lakes I'd suggest getting a GPS, I found it helps a lot as some lakes have rock shoals you have to watch out for and they are marked on the GPS.

Plenty of boats larger than 19' enjoying Scugog. It is shallow/weedy, be cautious till you get to know the lake and you'll be fine. In summer boats tie together across lake from Cesarea launch at sand bar-you can get to know people, talk the lake with other owners there.

Some weeks I trailer up and launch 3-4 times, weeds can be a bugger but thats where the fish are. Watch your telltale stream, little common sense and you won't hurt your engine. Heck, I'm under my boat many trips to clean jets intake grate but keep going back.

PM'd you charts that should help you get started.