Question.......

Meely

Question:

I am in the midst of selling a boat.

On the back of the original Licensing (Registration) Form ( from the dealership ).....it mentions the Vendor must notify the customs house of the change in ownership. Does this still hold true (is it the vendors duty or the purchaser's) or have things changed since I bought the boat 8 years ago?

Secondly, where would I find the motor's serial numbers. Im thinking, if I pop the cowling off, the numbers should be on the top end of the motor there somewheres...no?

Thanks for your help,

Meely

Edited by Meely

Question:

I am in the midst of selling a boat.

On the back of the original Licensing (Registration) Form ( from the dealership ).....it mentions the Vendor must notify the customs house of the change in ownership. Does this still hold true (is it the vendors duty or the purchaser's) or have things changed since I bought the boat 8 years ago?

Thanks for your help,

Meely

Meely

There has been a few changes, you sign the back of the form, fill in the purchasers name etc, then the purchaser takes the registration form to a Service Canada office and transfer the boat into his name. It is also manditory that you have a copy of the registration in the boat.

Can't help with the serial number.

John

Which engine-serial numbers are placed in numerous locations.

Usually on a small square metal plate rivetted on or round thin metal that looks like a freeze plug. Lower end or outdrive could have serial number plate also, even larger jet pumps have serial number plates.