Fun on Lake Ontario

Jen

We had a great day on the water yesterday... There were 6 boats and 30 people all together...

Once we were done working Steve (Fishmaster) and I trolled our way back to the Port Weller Marina and I got the opportunity to set up my own gear and catch a few Salmon...

Out of 8 fish hooked there were only 6 boated, and that is fishing only in afternoon hours. We were back at our dock by 8:00 pm or so ...

We were fishing in 60 - 80 feet of water 125 feet back on dipsy's and between 40 and 60 feet deep on the riggers with long leads. The weather made for a really bumpy ride for most of the day, however the salmon didn't seem to notice. All of our fish were caught on spoons. ( If this information makes no sense to you I am sorry... I am trying to add more content and useful information to my posts... so bare with me ... lol )

I have learned a lot in the past couple of months and dang it feels good to know that what you are doing is working.

salmon060108.jpg

We also boated a 26.68 lber yesterday

2668lbs.jpg

Cell phone doesn't take great pictures but you get the idea... with some patience the reward is amazing as there is nothing like bringing these fish to the boat.

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Yes it was entered in the Derby http://www.salmonmastersderby.com/ and as far as I know is the biggest to date... However, one can never be sure about that until the results are posted on the official website... As of June 1st, there is a 25lb min for weigh in so we were glad it was over that...

When you catch your first Salmon all on your own you will be on cloud nine all day... I have got the catching them on my own part down pat now I have to work on the boating alone to catch them... Next challange!

cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Guest gbfisher

Nice catch from the group. Which one of them caught that fish?.. :dunno:

It's nice to know there are Charter Captains willing to spread the wealth around to other Charter Captains like Fishmaster.

By the sound of things, all went well.

:Gonefishing:

Nice catch from the group. Which one of them caught that fish?.. :dunno:

It's nice to know there are Charter Captains willing to spread the wealth around to other Charter Captains like Fishmaster.

By the sound of things, all went well.

:Gonefishing:

That fish was caught on Sunday, on Steves boat, however nothing is officially posted on the Derby site yet , once that happens Steve (fishmaster) will do a post.

It seems to me from watching these guys (the charter captains) they are all willing to help one another out and work together when it comes to these big corporate charters... They are truly a great bunch of people.

cheers,

Jen

Guest gbfisher

yup good bunch... :thumbsup_anim: Nautrek likes to spread it around when he gets large groups. Sure helps everyone out.

I know which boat caught it. I was wondering who was the lucky one on the boat that reeled it in?