Walleye Made The News Here

OhioFisherman

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61341

Hope that does it! The fall walleye fishing here can be very good, if Lake Erie co-operates. It`s usually tough to get nice days to be out there this time of year, it`s Ohio "the gales of November" hit early here. Smallie fishing can also be hot late season, never fished for them on Erie after Thanksgiving weekend though.

Just my opinion that the Erie shore fishing in the Cleveland area can be about as safe as wandering around the streets of Iraq. You need to be of aware of what`s going on around you. Areas east and west of the city are safer.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61341

Just my opinion that the Erie shore fishing in the Cleveland area can be about as safe as wandering around the streets of Iraq. You need to be of aware of what`s going on around you. Areas east and west of the city are safer.

So, ... we're talking insurgents, ghost of Sadam, seagulls diving at your bait or what ? ;)

I don't think there's anywhere around the Toronto shoreline that would be unsafe to fish.

It's about as safe as wandering around the streets of ..... well ....TORONTO. :D

The most dangerous thing is being aware of the goose droppings so you don't slip

and fall. :lol:

I'm sure nothing like Cleveland.

The weather has allowed fishing opportunities which usually

wouldn't happen this time of year.

Those who put the effort in have been rewarded.

SWEET !!!

Carp, Cleveland has a crime problem, I am sure most big cities have some crime issues, but it seems to get out of control here. I had a friend that was robbed at gun point fishing the Erie shore line in Cleveland at nite. To give another example, my wife had to have surgury at the Cleveland Clinic, one of the finest hospitals in the USA, but in a questionable area of town. Within a couple weeks after her surgury, one of the Clinics employees was shot and killed in a drive by shooting near the hospital and the clinics police force chased a guy that stole a car and he crashed it and was killed.

I grew up in Cleveland, lived there until my early 20`s, I was glad to get out to the burbs and I avoid going back. A different mentality here maybe than Toronto, although I have heard it has changed some since I was there in 1973. Me and a friend cut short a fishing trip, cold front we couldn`t get on the fish and left Friday evening instead of Saturday morning. We decided to stop in Toronto and check out the nite life, more people on Younge street back then at midnight than on Euclid avenue in Cleveland during the day. We thought it was some kind of festival or something, everyone told us it was just a normal Friday nite, where are you from? Cleveland, it`s not like this? No, a good place to fight, get mugged or robbed, or have your ride stolen.

Daytime is a lot safer, but still not like the burbs, caution is needed. Used to be a nice place back in the 50`s and early 60`s. Lots of stories from my trucking days, just a place I choose to avoid.

Thanks for the link. It's a crazy fishing season that's for sure, my grandfather can't remember open water this late/early in the year ever before and he lives on the water.

That's sad when humble fishermen are getting robbed. You'll need a extra musky rod loaded with 100lb power pro and a nice saltwater shark hook.