An Evening at Beetim1's Evil Death Spot-part two

Sugarpacket

After two days of moping around the house kicking my butt about loosing my favorite rod and reel I turned to SkunkQueen and said I want to look one more time!!! She agreed and so I packed up my bag with my hubbies chest waders some fishing gear and the camera and tucked Splenda in the filth mobile and away the three of us went! After SkunkQueens interpret of the longest death march ever we finally got to the cursed spot. I popped into the waders and into the river. For about an hour I flipped over every pile of crap branches and even shopping carts hoping to find my beloved combo with no prevail! I made sure before I left for SkunkQueen to dial 91 and when I scream the other 1 for a speedy rescue. So with her and Splenda watching from shore I made my way down to the spooky fork in the way. I was sure I would find it in the right side but again no such luck. I was getting to the end of the divide when my heart leaped out of my chest and into my throat a huge crashing sound came from my left about 5 maybe 10 feet away. I whipped my head around having to see what made the sound and a full grown doe bounced over the other side of the stream and disappeared into the bush. So I being the klutz I am I lost my footing. Thankfully for the lack of respect for the environment I caught my other foot on an old discarded white walled tire and didn't go for an unplanned swim after all. As I made my way back by way of the other fork I heard SQ frantically yelling my name. I wadded back to where they (SQ and Splenda) were and climbed up the hill when I reached the top I saw a group of people probably planning to fish the spot we were in and I swear I saw the gold handle of my reel. But I didn't peruse it and figured it was my imagination. I finally decided enough was enough I wasn't going to find my rod might as well wet my line and not make it a wasted "death march" So I cast my not so nice old rod and instantly caught a snag I tried reeling and noticed I was snagged on line so I handed SQ my rod and popped back into the water my excitement was rising until I realized that it was not mono like mine but braid. I stood there trying to untangle the nasty mess of braid line and steel leader thinking isn't that a little overkill for a trout? (assuming that the trout hook and one split shot were the only right gear this angler had for the area). But when I finished getting as much of it out as I could I looked up and Beetim1 had shown up with his son ready to catch some of the fish I had been scaring away. Beetim1 cast and instantly hooked into a scrappy white sucker so I snapped this shot of his son holding Daddy's first catch

S4022494.jpg

Aaron tried his hand at fishing but didn't seem in the mood. But in the couple cast he made he had showed up SQ on casting and touching fish!! Good for you Aaron! It was great fishing with you buddy!

After Beetim1 laid into a nice carp but it wrapped him up and got off. A couple of seconds later he pulled in a Rock Bass. He got a pic of his son and I holding the beaut.

S4022496.jpg

He also laid into a couple of Sun fish. I caught a goby. So my hope and confidence was at a real low and Beetim1 being the nice guy he is gave me some of his worms ( I had one left thanks to those useless fish) and wished me luck next thing I know hes out of sight and the fish are on my line. I'm not sure if he has some magic worms or he rubbed off some luck when he was saying good bye. I first hooked into a nice size horny head chub.

S4022497.jpg

And after that rock bass rock bass rock bass!!! yes my luck had changed.

I looked around since Splenda was oddly quiet and noticed that SQ was packing up and I told her one more hook thats it then we can go when I loose it. So I cast again and what do you know I get snagged!!! So I'm reeling in and thinking I must have a stick on. Well I was right. Slowly I see the tip of my beloved rod emerge from the water. I had a stick on alright n Ugly Stick I was so happy I was jumping up and down screaming SQ didn't know what was going on and thought I had finally lost my minnows! She looked and saw what I was reeling in, her and Splenda started their squealing too. Thank you and sorry to the people residing in the are. Thank you for not calling 911 and sorry for the noise! After that I hooked into even more RB and finally into the last catch of the day a nice little carp nothing big but it still had a nice fight to it.

S4022499.jpg

S4022500.jpg

Thanks SkuckQueen for coming with me and watching Splenda! Thanks Beetim1 for the luck and the worms next time I'll stop in on the way and we can get some fishing in with BBR and maybe your wife will come too! Just don't forget the little guy!