Sunday Morning - Niagara River

dobee

Got out fishing Sunday morning hit the niagara river. From 7:30 to 10 we had no luck, ran into Paul from Cast Adventures around 10:30 , having time to kill before his afternoon appointment , the nice guy he is invited me and my friend Brian aboard for a good hour or so. Brian and I have been out with Paul before so it was nice to get the chance to catch up while dropping a line in the water with him. We bought in 2 steelies, a sheephead, and lost 2 other steelies all within an hour. From shore, the afternoon proved more productive then the morning, we landed 2 steelies and lost 2 . we landed the exact same steelie that we caught earlier (same missing pectoral fin and stubby tail) nabbed a nice 27” laker, A nice 4lb OOS smallie, sheepshead, and a pretty big sucker. All caught on minnows.

Getting on the boat for an hour made our day Paul…thanks again..

For anyone who wants to hit the Niagara, I highly recommend Paul at cast adventures , he’s a great guy, knows his stuff and gets you onto fish.

camera died as i turned it on... go figure...

heres a pic from home and one for team 2!

DSC01653.jpg

dobee

Edited by dobee

nice job.......I have to get out with someone for a tutorial on Niagara steelheading...that river is so big I wouldn't know where to start

Ditto.

I have a floater day coming up this week and I'm thinking of hitting the Niagara, but I haven't fished it in years (like 10, lol). I barely have a clue what to use, lol. We'll see.