Kenora Fishing Weekend - Report and pictures

As some of you know I recently made an appearance at the Kenora Canadian Tire Store. The event was branded 'The Great Kenora Fishing Weekend' and was hosted by Mike Major, the store owner. The event was to mark the begining of fishing season and to relaunch the store's recently expanded and renovated fishing/outdoor section. The new additions look great and the selection that this store now offers to 'Outdoor Adventurers' is phenomenal! If you're heading up to Kenora this season, which I highly recommend you do, be sure to stop by the store, they have all your fishing, camping and hunting needs well and truly covered.

I have to start out by saying that the people of Kenora are absolutely brilliant, I can honestly say that I have never met so many friendly and kind hearted people in one place at one time. From the staff members at the store to the Pro anglers and members of the general public, everyone was exceptionally friendly and made me feel very much at home. I'll be heading back to Kenora to fish this summer for sure.

I'd like to extend a special thank you to Mike Major, the store owner, for inviting me up. It was a real pleasure working with Mike and his phenomenal staff, including Marg Heithoff, Mark Engstrom, Steve Burke, Lance Pollock and Ernie Smith.

Thanks also to the following Pure Fishing Pro Staff that helped out, what a great bunch of guys and again it was a real pleasure working with them all:

Frank McClymont

Steve Ellie

Al Carlson

Brent Kruger "The Fishin Magician" (Charity fish fry)

and Chris Jackson from Maurice Sporting Goods.

Despite some unseasonally cold temperatures and less than desirable weather, including a sprinkling of snow on the Saturday, the turn out was good and the event a success. Thank you to all of you that made it out!

I have posted some of the pictures below. For those of you that asked me for copies of these pictures please feel free to right click on them, then click on 'Save picture as' and save them to your desktop.

Congratulations to the following Kenora residents who entered and won various contests and draws that were held over the weekend, including a free draw to win a new Princecraft boat and trailer package which was kindly donated by Nestor Falls Marina and Princecraft Boats - http://www.princecraft.com and http://www.nestorfallsmarine.com - Pictures of some of the winners can be viewed below:

Princecraft Boat winner:

Jan Read

Fishing trip for two with local Pro Angler Fank McClymont:

Jeremy Derouard

Casting contest winners:

Katelynn Stedlund

Patrick Seymour

Pam Kozie

Kyle Miclash

Gift bag draw prize winners:

Angela Kuchma

Judy Harbour

Emily Whittaker

Photography Credit: Lance Pollock

CT_Fishing_Weekend_1.jpg

Mike Major (Store Owner) and Jan Read, now the proud owner of a brand new Princecraft boat and trailer package

CT_Fishing_Weekend_27.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_28.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_2.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_3.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_4.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_5.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_6.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_7.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_8.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_12.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_14.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_16.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_17.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_19.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_20.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_21.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_22.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_24.jpg

Brent Kruger (The Fishin Magician) and Yours truly

CT_Fishing_Weekend_23.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_25.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_11.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_9.jpg

CT_Fishing_Weekend_10.jpg

Edited by Shaun R.

Look at the smile on Jan Read! I know I would be Ear to Ear grin too if I won!!

Looks like a great turn out Shaun and that you all had a great time. Keep up the good work, cheers.

Geoff

Shaun,

Please tell me that you had a chance to wet a line, the walleye fishing right now should be fantastic along with the big pike fishing. I don't think the 'eyes have moved out of the secluded bays yet.

The Canadian Tire in Kenora for those of you who have not had the opportunity to visit has an incredible sporting goods department. They sell St Croix and top end Shimano including the reels. There is even a halfway decent selection of Muskie baits for those bitten by that bug.

The hunting section has a bigger gun selection than Lebaron's (which is very very good in it's own right).

I remember when the store was by the lake, you could dock your boat and go shopping there and the nearby Safeway for your groceries.

bigbuck, unfortunately there just wasn't enough time for me to get out and wet a line, I was at the store all day for both days and then had to fly back to TO on Sunday afternoon. I did meet some great guys who know the area well and have been invited to head back up there the is summer, which I plan to do for sure :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers!