Niagara River/ Lake Erie Update (pics)

Well it's been awhile since the last report, here's a quick update! Too many pictures to show all of them but i've picked some good ones to share.

May 8th to May 20th Niagara Region report:

Perch: are still going good, fishing 27 to 60 feet of water. US waters have been better for us although many locals are getting them on the Canadian side. Small minnows have been the top bait.

317134733.jpg

317135831.jpg

Smallmouth Bass (US waters Erie): Fishing remains good! Lots of anglers out on the lake/river enjoying the early bite! Bass are found in depths from 3 feet out to 36 feet for us. Live minnows/tubes/Slammers (drop shot bait)/ jerk baits/ spoons all have been taken fish depending on the day. The best bite has been with live minnows! Crazy numbers!!!

Upper river is producing BIG numbers of smaller fish, with some bigger fish in the mix:

317135829.jpg

318184091.jpg

317900199.jpg

Lower Niagara Steelhead: With the Late season this year and cooler nights we been getting the Lower Niagara is still LOADED with steelhead! current temps as of yesterday were 48.2 degrees. Lots of "fresh silvers" around with good mix of drop backs and darker spawning fish still doing there thing. We getting lots of trout dropping eggs. With these water temps, trout pulling super hard and lots of high flying jumps :) yarn/eggs/minnows/pink worms all will take trout.

317900636.jpg

317134866.jpg

Fly Fishing: We been getting lots of steelhead on the Fly both from shore and the boat. Water temps are perfect for Fly Fishing! Our last trip we hooked 17 landed 11! This day was all captured on film by The Canadian Fly Fisher. (Fly Max Films) we'll let you all know when it's ready! Some killer runs and high flying jumps caught on camera :)

317900191.jpg

317900458.jpg

317900464.jpg

See you on the River,

Nice report!

One of these years I have to get myself down there.

-Brian

You guys should make a point of fishing the Niagara Region! You'll love, between Lake Erie, Lake Ontario and the River we have it all! :) Year round fishing, great downriggin, big muskie, HUGE smallmouth, Fly Fishing, etc.......Trust me, once your biten by the Niagara bug, LOOK OUT!!!

:thumbsup_anim: