Simcoe Whiteys.....

Meely

Well, I have decided to give spring Whiteys a shot this weekend on Lake Simcoe.

Bein' more of a Musky Maniac, I have never really targeted them alot before.

I have read some good results from OFC'ers who have ventured out and figured "What the heck".

Can anyone suggest where to fish ? It seems like everyone mentions

"Look for the pack of boats" but Simcoe is a huge lake and that could take some time as

I am not quite familiar with the lake. I have a deep V with a 90 Merc on the back so...Im figurin I should be safe. I would also appreciate where to launch and park if possible.

I have been hearing a lot about Williams spoons and Bad Boyz so I have run out and grabbed a few.

Should I use regular mono or would an 8 lb power pro be better?

Thanks for any info,

Meely :canadian:

Edited by Meely

Look for the cluster of boats.Try there.If nothing, move around til you find the schools.Not hard to see on the finder. Dont be afraid to fish for those suspended fish in 60-70 fow.

Lakers can be had aswell.

Oh and if you got a green monster,give it a whirl.

fishing07013.jpg

There is 2 general areas. Willow like steve said and Fox,but Fox means out from the island.More like out from Snake then anything.Look for the green marker bouy and stay north of it.Im sure there will be a cluster of boats there aswell.

Another spot is south of Georgiana.Not many boats fish there but, if you see a couple,then it,s worth a try.

Now if the lake is calm,take a ride towards BBP. You can either downrig or look for clusters of fish and jig.

Good luck.

Edited by misfish

I would suggest launching at Sibbald's Provincial Park, there is a machine at the gate to pay $11.85. go out from the park and go left for about 2 miles and there should be boats there. good luck.

also there are lots of perch around J.P. when you get tired of the whitefish

Edited by mikeh