Two-Four Brookies

Sinker

Headed out on simcoe saturday morning. We caught a bunch, and got off the water for 11am. Then headed home, and loaded up for some brookie fishing up at the cottage.

Got up there just at dark, lit the fire and cracked a bottle of gibsons finest.....ahh....life is good :thumbsup_anim:

A wood pecker woke me up, just as it was getting light. Got the coffee going, started breaky, and loaded the gear in the van. Got to the lake at 6:30. This is when I realized my camera batteries were dead :wallbash: It was just gorgeous when we got to the water.

Put the electric on the boat, and started trolling with worm harnesses. Took a while to get a pattern going.....with no graph, but we figured it out. Started with the little guys. We got a few of them in the 10-12" range.....then I got a real rod bender. Yee haw.....its go time :thumbsup_anim:

I had taken my batteries out of the camera, and put them in my warm inside pocket to maybe get a picture or two out of the camera.....well i only got one pic, but its of a beauty 17" brookie.

P5160003.jpg

We lost a bunch of fish, and caught a few more smaller guys, then I hooked into the mother of all brookies. This guy took me for a ride.....and ended up snapping me off, right at the boat. I had a good battle with him, and had a real nice look.....but we said our goodbye with one last head shake at the boat. It was easily 20",and had to be at least 4lbs........I almost cried :(:angry: He'll be there for next time.

Ended up getting a few more of the 10-12"ers, and I landed one more at 16". :thumbsup_anim:

I wish my batteries were good :wallbash: , I would have had some great shots.....it was a beauty day out there. :canadian:

Overall a great couple days on the water, with a good bud.

Sinker

Dammit man!!! :angry: Forget the bait, forget the beer, but don't ever forget the camera batteries!!! :wallbash:

That is a beauty fish and it sounds like a great weekend of fishin'! :clapping:

Thanks for postin'!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks GCD!

I didn't ferget the batteries......they just didn't want to work for me. They were in the charger the whole night before, and when I put them in the camera, I got the dreaded flashing red light for low batteries. I tried to take a pick of the lake as we got to it, and it wouldn't even turn on :wallbash: .....I was just a tad miffed at that point.

They're energizer rechargeables, and I've only had them a couple months. They stink!!

Sinker