Bulldawgs

Weeds

Hi all. Had a few questions regarding Bulldawgs, as I've heard good things about them and recently aquired a rod capable of chucking some seriuous baits (3-8oz's). As I do most of my fishing from shore in the Kawarthas I was wondering which would be my best bet, the 3oz. regular Bulldawg or the Magnum 6oz. ? I can't afford both so I'm leaning toward the 6 oz. as I have very few BIG baits, but a modest selection of smaller ones. Would the big 6 ounce bait best be held off on until Fall and the smaller 3 ounce more productive in June? I was also curious regarding colour choice, again leaning towards black and orange as the majority of my other baits are perch, natural or firetiger. . ..I think that's it for now. Thanks a bunch, Rossco

Hey Rossco,

Stick with the Regular bulldog from shore, the Magnums (aka pounders) are a hassle to throw if you are only on shore. The 6 oz are more then fine. You can pick them up on sale usually for about $12. As for colors, the kawarthas it seems they all work there depending on time of year. The Spring Dawgs are easy casting. If from shore you may want to consider shallow dawgs. They have a distinctive hole int he fin to tell they are shallow dawgs.

Hope this helps. By the way, the Gold fleck Bulldawg has worked for me on Lower Buckhorn and the Black body orange tail on Pigeon.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I picked up 5 Spring Dawgs and have 4 other normal BullDawgs in the mail. Haven't thrown anything yet but will most likely start out with the smaller ones in the spring and switch it up mid summer/fall with the 6oz dawgs. The pounders are just insane, I couldn't imagine trying to cast those monsters!!!