Yesterday's fishing follies

Yesterday morning seemed like a fine day to hitch up the boat and hit some water. Loaded up I headed out with a stop at the bank machine first, I then realize I had forgotten some old frozen shrimp and salmon in the freezer at home, no sense going down to the Grand for cats without some bait so I go back home to get it.

Pulled out again and started out for the 40 minute drive, looked at the clock and saw that it was edging toward 10:30 so I thought ah what the heck I'm better off to just stay close by and put the boat in the harbour, at least one board member has hit a couple pike recently so that was the new decision.

The launch was deserted! Beautiful! After a perfect solo launch and securing to the dock I parked and made my way back down to the boat. Left foot into the boat first and then my right gets tangled in the rope. It was all in slow motion falling down trying to find something to grab. Luckily I got hold of the opposite gunnel and avoided going head first into the water but smacked my left knee against the corner of the opposing seat. I suck it up as if nothing happened looking around to see if there were any witnesses to my stupidity. :asshat:

Off I went staying close to shore and tied on a never used blue x-rap. First cast nothing, second cast and the harbour now owns it, good bye to about 8 bucks. Try again figuring that's that. Drifting along I see on the F.F what looked like schools of baitfish around 10-15' with the bottom now at 30' so I tried jigging for perch, nothing.

Now the sky starts to get dark and the air feels like rain, time to go in. Nobody at the ramp again except a large boat on a trailer up in the parking lot and it looked like he was not going anywhere.

I pulled into the dock, tied up and got out nursing my banged up and bleeding knee I got from the fall. I'm on the dock, bend over to secure the transom rope to the cleat and out of my shirt pocket falls my reading glasses, right into the murky water. (At least they weren't prescription but my favourite pair of glasses) I look up and the big boat (cabin cruiser) from the parking lot is starting to back down to the ramp! S.O.B I thought I was here first! And figured I had the right of way. But I untie and pull my little 16'r around the corner and out of the way of him. I asked his helper what's up and he just calmly says "He likes this side to go in on."

I didn't say anything more, just stood there all evil eyed. The guy does at least launch quickly, but decides to sit right there and let the inboard motor run at idle to warm up. After about what seemed to be forever I speak up and ask if he will be much longer? He says; "Oh, you want to come in?" I felt like smacking some sense into him but I politely said "Sure OK."

No fish, lost a pricey lure and a pair of glasses, got banged up while looking like an idiot falling into the boat and even lost the retaining clip off my van's seatbelt somewhere :wallbash: Somedays home or even work is better, somedays I shouldn't write such a long post :blahblah1: telling about my fishless outings, somedays I'm bored and tell people about them anyway :oops: Next time I promise not to be so long winded and actually have a catch to report! :lol:

Cheers to all :thumbsup_anim:

It was just one of those days. If it's any consolation, your not alone...I have been there and done that, plus launch without putting in the plug, forgot to release the bow hook, or tie down straps or transom saver, had a reel fall off while fishing, tangled line in the trolling motor and snapped off the tip of a $250.00 rod. Had a Bozo snag my line as he passed to close and pull a $500.00 outfit over board...the list goes on-and-on but I'm sure you get the idea...Some days crap happens...grin.