Going to buckhorn with out my boat :(

e-z-out

Well by the looks of it i wont have my boat for the May24th long weekend since the dealer messed up on my order when ordering my boat.

Delay time 3 weeks.

All the boat rentals in Buckhorn have been filled for the May24th long weekend. So what dose one do now?????????????

Any idea guys?

Any one know of somone or some place in the Kawartha Lakes that would rent me a boat for 3 day.

I've checked the net and have found a few places but all booked for the long weekend.

Geesh, dealers fault, does he not have a boat in stock he can let you use for the weekend?

Asked him that already. He dose and it's a little 8 footer with paddles. if it comes down to it i'll end up taking what i can.

I just want to fish it was a long winter and we all know how that can be.

You spend 32gs and get a 8 footer with paddles for your long weekend. this sucks big time :wallbash:

Asked him that already. He dose and it's a little 8 footer with paddles. if it comes down to it i'll end up taking what i can.

I just want to fish it was a long winter and we all know how that can be.

You spend 32gs and get a 8 footer with paddles for your long weekend. this sucks big time :wallbash:

I suppose it could have been a canoe. But this gotta hurt a bit.

My neighbour has a 14 foot tinny with a 9.5 Johnson that he wants to sell for about a $1100.00

I think I could persuade him to rent it, but what do you think would be a fair offer for the long weekend?

The boat doesn't come with a trailer, so unless you have roof racks, or a pick-up, he would have to deliver it...

You might want to throw a few extra bucks in the offer for delivery.

My neighbour has a 14 foot tinny with a 9.5 Johnson that he wants to sell for about a $1100.00

I think I could persuade him to rent it, but what do you think would be a fair offer for the long weekend?

The boat doesn't come with a trailer, so unless you have roof racks, or a pick-up, he would have to deliver it...

You might want to throw a few extra bucks in the offer for delivery.

Hey garry how close are you to SUNRISE RESORT is located beside Lock 31 in Buckhorn at the junction of Hwy #23 (old 507) and 36, 32 km. north of Peterborough?

Would he rent it for 150 for saturday May 17th to sunday May 18th?

and 50 to drop it off and pick it up later?

I'm just guessing prices let me know if hes ok with that or if hes willing to rent to boat out first.

I didn't know they made them that small, my float tube is almost as big! LOL

Oh man does that suck

Yes they do make them that small :dunno:

I'm stressing over nothing.

I'm happy just fishing and getting out of the city with the wife a my little one. :D

Aile your right, while it sucks not to have your own boat, it is better to dwell on the fact that you will have time to spend with your wife and child.

It is a long weekend and you will be nowhere near the big smoke.

The only thing you may consider is the following:

Your wife and you might have to take turns going out in the boat as it may not fit two adults!

Just teasing, no matter what happens enjoy the time away.

Aile your right, while it sucks not to have your own boat, it is better to dwell on the fact that you will have time to spend with your wife and child.

It is a long weekend and you will be nowhere near the big smoke.

The only thing you may consider is the following:

Your wife and you might have to take turns going out in the boat as it may not fit two adults!

Just teasing, no matter what happens enjoy the time away.

Thanks for the kind words 4reel.

I love fishing it keeps me happy and always smiling.

the little one will hav e her first fishing trip this year already have her gear.

Picked up a few things for her at BPS on the weekend for this trip.

Give me until this evening to present your offer, I will get back to you by Six PM.

I know Sunrise and often launch there, so the drop-off and pick-up will be no problem.

Sweet thanks again Garry hope he goes for it.

Sorry AILE;

He said that because that is the May 2-4 weekend he's not interested in renting the boat.

This is the weekend that most people open their cottages, and he wants the boat here where people going by can see that it's for sale.

I tried to reason with him that a "bird in the hand was worth two in the bush," but he wouldn't budge.

Again, I'm sorry for getting your hopes up, but I'm sure we can both see his point.

Garry2R's

Sorry AILE;

He said that because that is the May 2-4 weekend he's not interested in renting the boat.

This is the weekend that most people open their cottages, and he wants the boat here where people going by can see that it's for sale.

I tried to reason with him that a "bird in the hand was worth two in the bush," but he wouldn't budge.

Again, I'm sorry for getting your hopes up, but I'm sure we can both see his point.

Garry2R's

Well garry you tried and all i can say is thank you very much.

I understand and can only hope somone on the fourms can help me out.

But if nothing i'll be more then happy to fish from shore with the family. :Gonefishing:

Hey AG ,

I just called Oak Shores Marina and spoke with a Margaret.

She mentioned she has a 14 and 16 footer available still.......

HURRY !!!

Meely

Sweet i called them again and booked the 14" footer for the weekend.

Meely you just made my weekend even better thanks again. :clapping:

No probs. I'm glad it worked out for ya.

From the marina, you have access to a ton of water (Little Bald, Big Bald Lake, and Pigeon).

Not sure if your staying in Buckhorn but its only a 10 min drive if u are.

Maybe I'll see you on the water.

Meely

Edited by Meely