hydrofoils??

workwear

i was at bass pro the other day and i was looking at these hydrofoils,now i dont need them for planning or steering or stablising the boat , but what caught my eye was two things that they claim to provide......more top end and a even better claim.....fuel effeciency....now i did a search on here and found only a few threads of members with smaller motors....i have a big motor and was wondering if these things claim to provide both fuel economy and top end....anyone use them on bigger motors??

cheers peter

Edited by workwear

They are mostly used to help the boat get on plane... and I could see how they claim they make your motor more fuel efficient.. less power required to get the boat on plane...

But I do not see how they provide more top end... unless the planing action they are designed for lifts even more of the hull out of the water...

if you do not have a problem getting the boat to plane... I would say it is wasted $$

That said... to each their own...

G

yup

if you do not have trim tilt then they are well worth the money

if your motor is way under powered of your boat they are good

they do give you a great hole shot, but in most cases they give you less top end unless your boat has trouble getting up on plane in which case it may give you more top end

I got trim tabs on my Tracker SGV14T....i went from a 20 Merc to a 30 'Rude.

couldn't stop porpoising i added weight to the front an found it too low in the water at slow speed...

i was clocking 28.5mph on GPS.... I added Trim-Rite trim tabs[ I assume this is what your talking about]... I removed the 2 bricks from the front...stopped porpoising and turns a whole lot better increased my speed to 31.5 on GPS... It rides higher out of the water I like 'em. It worked for me .

can't say anything for gas consumption...higher out of water = less drag = less power spent for locomotion = better fuel economy????? kinda makes sense to me..