Walleye Fishing Lake Ontario and Lake Erie

Hey everyone I am new to the message board. I am looking for a place to go for some walleye this weekend. I am looking for a place that is within a 1-2 hour drive from Kitchener; probably Lake Erie or lake ontario.

I went to the Detroit river last weekend and was successful but seeing as the weather is not the greatest, I want to avoid making any long trips again this weekend.

Can anyone tell me some good places to check out?

(preferrably somewhere with a boat launch as I prefer fishing by boat over shore fishing)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Fish Crazed

Fishing on lake erie for walleye doesn't really heat up until July. You can get them in June as well, may have to search a bit.

Most fish are still on the spawn or are getting ready to. When done, fish from the Detroit river migrat east, and fish in the upper niagara migrate west. Well, that's the jist of it anyways.

Anyways... where to launch. Port Colborne, Port Maitland, Port Burwell to name 3.

Fishing on lake erie for walleye doesn't really heat up until July. You can get them in June as well, may have to search a bit.

Most fish are still on the spawn or are getting ready to. When done, fish from the Detroit river migrat east, and fish in the upper niagara migrate west. Well, that's the jist of it anyways.

Anyways... where to launch. Port Colborne, Port Maitland, Port Burwell to name 3.

Graveboat, I hate to disagree and don't want to start a argument but this is not true.

I can't tell the original poster where to go on the Canadian side starting this weekend but I could steer him in the proper areas on the NY side of the lake. Barcelona will be "HOT" as well as the Hamburg shore line in the SHALLOWS at NIGHT. The fish have or are on spawn now and cruise the shallow waters here at night for a easy meal. Limit catches are not uncommon to those who know how to troll shallow water late into the night.

On your side of the lake concentrate on shallow flats that have some rock rubble. These areas are not big secrets and every local walleye fishermen know exactly where to troll at night while these easily caught walleyes are cruising for something to eat. ''

Later on in July through September the traditional walleye fishing begins in Lake Erie which mean trolling open waters for suspended walleyes.

Good Luck,

Bob

Well I wasn't about to post where the early season night spots are on a public forum. ;)

But yes Billy Bob, you're right. Though generally speaking, if someone were to ask me "where and when" to fish lake Erie for walleye within 1-2 hours of Kitchener, I'd stick with my response. Mostly to avoid complicated and/or over revealing information.