Non Provincial Park camping for May 24

jonnybass

As far as I know, all Provincial Parks are alcohol free for the May 24 long weekend.

I would like to go camping, but what's camping without a few brewskies?

Anyone know any good campsites within 1 - 2 hours of the GTA preferably with good shore fishing for May 24 weekend?

Thanks.

http://www.hillbilly.on.ca/

Dont let the name of it fool you... it is a beautiful park! and there is fishing very close by on the Kahshe River (However you need to leave the park to fish it, 3 minutes away) The sites are well sized and it is well run! I have been there 3 times last year taking my family with me...

cannot say enough good things about this place..

G

Not all parks are alcohol free.. just the ones that need to be for obvious reasons. Also note that many private campgrounds will not take transient campers that weekend, because they know in advance what they'd be getting themselves in for.

I know the above place I post will, as I book there for the first time last year on May 24.... but be warned.. they are a family campground and you will be asked to leave if you cause too much of a disturbance. But they are fair and kind people just looking out for everyones comfort.. keep things to a dull roar and you will be just fine..

If you want a spot you better book it now though!!!

But Wayne is right alot of places will say they are full.....

If you are looking for a party... google single's camping.... Ohhh man the fun I had when I was younger!!!!

G

Or this one I used to go to: Sunshine Park in Wasaga Beach.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Alot of PPs have can and bottle bans....with draft balls gone from Northern and Steelback bankrupt and not making plastic bottle things are tough. Ever try to portage a keg? Ive prebooked a chiropractor appt for Tuesady the 20th...

The Haliburton Highlands/Frost Center was a good spot....decent fishing and nice separation between sites

Alot of PPs have can and bottle bans....with draft balls gone from Northern and Steelback bankrupt and not making plastic bottle things are tough. Ever try to portage a keg? Ive prebooked a chiropractor appt for Tuesady the 20th...

The Haliburton Highlands/Frost Center was a good spot....decent fishing and nice separation between sites

LOL we use to portage two for a week into algonquinn on Manitou Lake. Funny thing was our former Foorball coach and Gym teacher knew this and had a school leadership coarse up there at the same time (first week of May) Without fail he use to visit every day to enjoy our hospitality. We didnt mind one bit though he was the one who introduced us to the park. RIP Ray.

Not all parks are alcohol free.. just the ones that need to be for obvious reasons. Also note that many private campgrounds will not take transient campers that weekend, because they know in advance what they'd be getting themselves in for.

Transient, one step above vagrant!

Transient, one step above vagrant!

LOL.. wife and I have seen it all. Her parents ran a campground for many years and I have "fond" memories of the goings on. Things like newly weds sleeping bags being stolen... waking guys up in their van by poking them with a stick thru the sunroof and then tying them there when they popped up 'till the cops come. And to think my sister-in-law just bought a campground on Manitoulin.... she was so young at the time her parents had theirs that she thought the campground life was smooth and easy. Man is she in for a learning curve... or should I say steep slope !