Berkley BladeDancer

Landlocked

I have done well with the bait that comes with it but I have found a boot-tail grub like a Shaky Shad gives the BladeDancer a better kicking motion. I use mostly a gold spoon with a chartreuse or white trailer and a black spoon with a black trailer.

. It definitely catches fish under the right conditions.

The right conditions are lily pads, bulrushes and thick submerged vegetation think sugog or rice . i have the best luck with the BladeDancer walking it just under the surface through and over the aquatic growth. To help horse bass out of the grass, I use 30-pound power pro on a 7-foot rod with a high-speed baitcasting reel.

I think the biggest mistake you can make is fishing it too fast. That bait has so much lift that you’ve got to slow down to keep it running right.Start out in shallow clear water so you can watch your retrieve and see what different speeds do to the bait . I love johnson silver minnows allso with a grub trailer , this bait fishes alot like them .

I caught salmon using it on shore fishing during fall.

The lure does have a lot of lift as capt Bruce mentioned and I do a slooooooow retreive using this lure.

I bought a bunch for a buck each on a close out sale at Big lot Buffalo, I think they were defective batch for the lures were not sharp enough and I need to sharpen it.

They come in two models I think , the new ones have a weed guard, but if your carefull in how you put on the trailor and with the right speed (speed gives the spoon lift) the bend in the spoon protects the hook even on the old ones without the weed guard . Golfisher you dont want to be in the weeds but right over them .

Edited by capt bruce

I have used them for bass. Fishing slow seems to work well on weedlines.

I have gone through a couple packs of the 1/4 Oz Perch style.

One thing I found is if the plastic is left in a hot area the eyes fall off.

Picked up a pack at BPS with the Bloodshot Colour. Should be interesting. Even the blade is red!

i've used them, have a few different sizes and colors. caught a couple large mouth on the bigger size. haven;t used the smaller ones yet, but will this summer. i;ve also noticed the eyes fall off easily. i find it VERY hard to keep it in the rite part of the water colum i want to fish it, i seen on ads where they would jig it, or swim it on or near bottom... not an easy task, but as stated, deadly over top of weed bed and on lily pads as a surface bait.

I bought them when there was alot of hype about them a couple years ago. Haven't fished them enough to give an honest review, but I didn't get much confidence with the limited time I used it. After reading some of these reports I'll give it a go on buckhorn this year a bit more.