CAN YOU HELP ME OUT

MCTFisher9120

Ok, as some of you heard i am going against LittleAngler this upcoming summer. I got loads of tackle but as for rods i only got 2:(.

I got a 6'6medium action spinning sombo, and a 7' medium heavy spinning combo. I need help to list all the different ways i can use these two rods. Example, what can each rod do. I may have one more rod prior to suller most likely a medium action 6'6 Shimano baitcast combo.

Heres what i got so far:

6'6-Tubes, crankbaits, drop shot, topwaters.

7'- Jerkbaits, stickbaits, jigs, frogs, swimbaits.

and as for the new rod i unno or do i need it. Thanks to anyone that can help.

If you end up getting the baitcaster, throw spinnerbaits and jigs with it and also lipless cranks. Not much else to add to your list though. You might want to go with a braid on your baitcaster and tie on a fluorocarbon leader when you fish your jigs if you want but it wont matter with the spinnerbaits or lipless cranks because you fish those fast. Good luck!

I have used every type of lure on every action and length of rod ... you dont need a million rods to catch fish ... When i go out in the boat after bass and pike i take 2 .. a spining rod (med) and a baitcaster (med/heavy) . I use the spining for unweigted soft plastics and the baitcaster for throwing everything else... Man ive even thrown 8 inch rapalas on my 5'6 ultralite ... or ive got perch on my med/heavy caster with a chunk of dew worm ... unless you want a new rod you pretty much have the same set up as i do and i outfish all my friends so GO KICK SOME BASS !!! :thumbsup_anim:

Heavier action rod, heavier lures, heavier cover usually. You can get by with the lighter action and lighter line in more open areas. Comfort factor, and confidence you can throw the lures on most rods, just what your more comfortable using and your chances of landing the fish. The right tool(rod and reel) increases the chances.

I would rig the 6'6" with a snap and use it just for chuckin' and chaging between those rapalas and use your 7"MH rigged for finese...plastics. A great 1 to 2 combo, if you see some followers on the rap but they wont take, drop a sinking worm or twister tail in front of 'em.