Tomorrow's Gas Price Today

young_one

So far he has been absolutely right in his predictions. He is predicting $1.50 this summer. So far it is now 129.9 since Monday. He has stated that the Companies are purposely cutting production to 80% to raise prices. Hey they've set us up all winter saying that they're raising prices. Its not even the long weekend in May yet. Its so Ironic since Im in oil country we are paying so much.

They have my vote to nationalize oil production here in Canada, and say screw world market...

More then enough oil here in Canada to supply us for a hundreds of years....

Problem is we lack refinery capacity.... and cannot build more due to environmental reasons. (read Antis)

So we pipe it south and buy it back...

Yay Canada... taking it the proverbial arse

very much like our Hydro......

G

They have my vote to nationalize oil production here in Canada, and say screw world market...

More then enough oil here in Canada to supply us for a hundreds of years....

Problem is we lack refinery capacity.... and cannot build more due to environmental reasons. (read Antis)

So we pipe it south and buy it back...

Yay Canada... taking it the proverbial arse

very much like our Hydro......

G

We did nationalize oil production in Canada a few years back. It was during the Trudeau administration. We even spent a lot of money developing ways to extract oil from the tar sands. Since then, everything was sold and then the prices really started to climb. On top of that, foreign investors are profiting from all the money that was spent developing the extracting process.

What surprises me is the fact that Canada is not interested in developing alternate fuel like alcohol. We have enough hydro and we have enough waste products from agriculture and forestry to do it.

Edited by Dabluz

I agree! It doesn't surprise me one bit about our nations government. Let's spend all the taxpayers money building such things as refineries and businesses that would potentially help with economic growth and create jobs in the process! Then turn around and either sell them to foreign countries or the U.S. for dirt cheap and buy the products back from them. Makes no sense to me!

OH CANADA! Our home and native land...? You can fill in the rest because I may have a few choice words for our Government...finfan

Gerrit, there is a HUGE refinery being planned for Edmonton right now.

I believe theres something in the works to cut down our prices at home.

Its tough for some to survive up here when we're paying 129 for fuel.

The closest major town to me is Edmonton comming in at 3 and a half hours away.