Water levels in Sturgeon Lake on the rise again.

Big Cliff

Water came back up a good 4-5" here again today, I am wondering if they are holding water back to try to relieve some of the pressure on those people down stream. Fortunatly there isn't much rain in the forecast. Sure hope it is helping.

Talked to Jamie at Emm's Sporting goods here in Lindsay yesterday, he was telling me that the pickerel spawn is over as of Thursday last week and the pickerel have started moving back toward the lake. He said the suckers and carp are in now, (and I always thought that the pickerel spawned after the suckers) learn something new everyday LOL!

Heard something on the radio yesyerday about more dead carp being found in the Kawarthas in the last few days, I checked down here last evening and didn't see any, hope we don't have the same situation as last year.

Anyway that's all for now folks!

I spent the weekend over at Yonge's Pt Cliff, and the water has dropped about a foot in the last few days in that area. Hopefully with no rain coming they can start to get your area drained down soon too.

Hopefuly those dead carp your talkin about are just from a normal winter die-off, we sure don't need a repeat of last year.

The level is down a couple inches on the Tri-Lakes, but still about a foot over normal.

I saw a bunch of dead carp on the weekend, just off the Chemong causeway, Bridgenorth end on the south side. They were all congregated together and I haven't seen any elsewhere...hopefully just winter kill.

CHEX news last night had video of the dead fish in the water. Didn't see any other species, just carp.

Some official-type guy being interviewed was saying that the township has set up another "carp only" area at the dump.

Course, the property next to where they were videotaping could've been covered in dead perch, but it didn't sound like it from the way they were talking.