Need Advice - where to find info on boat prices

Dutch

Hey looking at potentially picking up a new/used boat. I currently have an 18' Springbok with a 150HP Evinrude, looking for something smaller HP wise.

I like the 18' (could go 17, but not too much smaller), but would prefer something with a 90-115HP motor. Aluminum is more my style than glass, something like a prinecraft hull, not a deep-v, more of a low angle of entry like a glass boat, single or double console, but not full windshield. Going anything more than 50MPH in a boat is scary to me....somewhere between 40 and 50 at WOT would be ideal. Boat will be used for fishing almost exclusively. Price range up to maybe $15K or so, but lesser is better.

Keeping my eye on:

Boat trader

BFB

Classifieds here

Kijiji

Need info on:

If I see a boat I like - how can I tell it's a fair price? Often, there's nothing else similar listed or the same model, especially with used boats. Is there a book somewhere that gives prices? Is this book on-line for free?

I would go to the states to buy for the right price. What are some good US sites advertising used boats? I found a bunch of independant marinas with a couple of boats here and there, but do they have anything like the Boat Trader? I am leary of E-bay, not sure I would buy something and test it out after the fact.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Dutch

not sure about a blue book for boats...

But I know of a decent site that has tons of boats for sale... mostly in the US. Might find something there at a fair price?

Walleyecentral.com

Also... it would not hurt to PM Bernie ;) His sales guy Larry is tops! great guy and honest.

G

Found this on the link I provided you...

2000 Lund 1700 Pro Sport / 90 hp Johnson

Little used Lund fish and ski boat in excellent condition. Spartan roller trailer with new radial tires and spare tire. Eagle fish finder, minnkota 55# powerdrive bow trolling motor, new sealed batteries last year, extra prop, two livewells, Lund top set, Lund travel cover and lots of storage compartments. Always kept in garage. Buy a like new Lund for less than half the price of a 2008. $12,500 OBO

Nice pictures of it too...

Edited by Gerritt