Fake Email from Cabela's

Jon

I'm relatively web-savvy, but I thought I had struck gold when I saw an email from Cabela's about product testing. I have bought one or two items from them on the web over the last couple of years so I was suspicious but not overly so. It did seem strange enough that I didn't click on the link but went to the web-page by typing in the url. I had filled in most of the form but something kept gnawing at me. Perhaps it was the poor english in places, the slightly different web address from Cabela's or the "too good to be true" nature of the email but I got spooked and sent an email to Cabela's. As it turns out, the email wasn't from them and I hope I have saved myself a lot of trouble by not clicking "submit". Anyway, here is the email but don't click on the link.

Hello.

You have been randomly selected to product test 2008-09 equipment and gear. Cabela's Outdoors Online, equipment can range from simple saltwater fishing gear to 2009 New Ford truck. There will be a one page questionnaire or product review with a self addressed stamped envelope that will need to be submitted (all questions answered) within 60 days of receiving the gear.

Please click here, Cabelastore......

Cabela's Store

Point is - be suspicious and check if something seems even remotely out of place.

Jon

You get fake nonsense from supposed eBay,PayPal, banks in Africa, my supposed bank card, I have won 80 billion dollars from Asian lotteries so far this year. They all go into junk mail. Do not trust any of them unless its an email answering directly from you. No bank , credit card or PayPal will ask you for information over the net, unless you ask for it in the first place, do not take any chances. If they want to get in touch they will send it through the mail or call you.Thats too bad we can't even trust our fishing sources either anymore :( , not that its their fault!