Orillia update re ice conditions

tinbanger

Drove past the narrows on Sunday on the way to pick up the boat from storage :thumbsup_anim: still lots of 'white ' ice :wallbash: .I think the first week end of the perch fest will be a bit of a bust as far as boat access will be .Can't see any open water from the public launch across from the park.

Open water is just past the last marina on the south side ( as viewed from the bridge)

Boat survived the winter with no damage . found 4 rods in the rod locker and one of Pikeie s handmade bucktails hanging off the console :o , luckily the mice didn't find them .Mothballs seemed to do the trick

Got her home , washed up and sitting in the drive way . Spring is now officially here .

Stopped by Trombley's on the way home .Picked up a nice little Cardinal (C302)reel for $48 ( after 20% off) and $9 discontinued Mitchel reel ,for $9 couldn't resist :thumbsup_anim:

Store was packed .Talked to one of the reps I know and apparently fri sat was worse .

TB

drove by again tonight ,ALOT of ice has disappeared south of the overpass ,large pieces are moving into Couch .This mild weather and predicted winds may just help .

Ice at the public ramp (Simcoe) is starting to darken as well.

TB

For those that missed the A Channel news. There were boats out there today. They were catching perch to tag,for the event.Hell there was one even right in the ice. Still lots of ice out there.Be careful.

Best of luck to all that will be attending the event.

Edited by misfish

I was fishing there from shore today. Didnt catch anything . There was 3 boats out there when i was fishing off the shore from the park. I think the part i was fishing was called the narrows...i remember seeing a sign saying that. I did have to stop fishing for a minute for a HUGE flat of ice to get blown by. Beautiful day though. The ice is really punky looking around the town docks and board walks. Off shore about a foot behind the legion .

Edited by livinisfishin