Volunteers needed to help flood victims.

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

The Moira river is flooding many residents in the Foxboro area, Harmony Rd. and Hwy 37 areas. I was there with my truck this evening delivering sand bags to local residents and some had to evacuate their homes. Many of us were helping with the sandbagging and then I went to assist with the delivery of the sandbags. I will be back at it tomorrow after we get some staff in the store to free me up at approximately 9:30 am and if anyone can donate a couple of hours I am sure the community in the flooded areas will appreciate your assistance. Hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Sam, I'm in.

My injury will prevent me from slugging the bags but Ive got a 3/4 ton and can be ready to go as of noon today.

I'm only one river over and have spent this entire weekend pumping out my basement flooding...it has been a real tough spring for everyone out here....they cant open the damns all the way so they dont flood the locks.

The river is about 20' or more onto our property and everything had to be moved in the vicinity...you wouldnt believe what we've seen floating down river from neighbours.

Hey Sam.Ive got an extra sub-mersible too.....

Let me check for available hose.... Ive still got to keep one running at my place..

I'll bring extra extension cords as well if required.

Im shy on hose tho with all the extensions added to the main one....got any?

Get back to me for the bag pick-up point.

Peter

I'll be out all morning ...Ill PM you my cell.

Here are a couple of pics of what some of the homeowners are up against.

V01.jpg

V02.jpg

V03.jpg

V04.jpg

V05.jpg

Apparently the river will be cresting by Wednesday or Thursday. I will be back at it tonight, if you show up in the area the people at the blockade will direct you in the direction that needs help.

Regards,

Sam

Sam

Can you give me directions to the Blockade ?

I can lend a hand ( no truck) Thursday morning , If its still needed.

TB

You can either take Hwy 62 north to Foxboro and then head east and there will be someone there or take Hwy 37 north to Harmony road and they should be able to direct you from there.

Regards,

Sam