Minden/haliburton Ice?

fishboy

hi fishboy,from what ive heard the last few nights,in haliburton & bancroft area it has been around the -6 to -10 some of the smaller trout lakes are frozen and some are safe to walk on but the large lakes still are not safe,i will be checking today and sunday so keep checking the board.....cheers

Hey, fishboy. Was up at the inlaws on 12Mile today. Some shore ice here and there on the bigger lakes and sheltered bays have a good skim coat. Some of the smaller lakes are covered, but I'm not sure I'd be willing without water-wings. Hope alls well with you and yours. Happy New year!

We went out yesterday and checked some ice on some smaller lakes. We rode our atvs down one lake- 5" of good ice on that lake 2 other lakes had about 3-4" and a bigger lake had 1-2" . We are heading out in the morning for splake,rainbow and specks!

Great news-I'll be heading up on Tuesday; thanks for the update.

I was up there at my cottage on the weekend. No ice on the main lake and maybe 4 inches (augered a hole for water) on the bay we are on. That was Saturday. By Monday morning the bay didnt look too promising, snow cover had melted with the warm weather and rain showing open areas. On the way out even the ice on the beaver dams was starting to melt with lots of flow for ths time of year. Looked really unsafe Monday.

I went back to the lake I went to on Jan 1st, lost some ice near shore but still managed to drive across it with 5 atvs, ice was between 2-4" parked the atvs on shore this time just to be safe! The splake were not as active today, lost a few and caught a few. Still had a great day!