portable fish finder

carll2

hey guys time has come to change my old eagle fishfinder... i did a search on here but didnt find too much info, basically im looking for a portable color fishfinder.

i dont know much about them but i hear its good to get a dual beam so the picture of the botom is clearer? i basically fish for walleye anywhere from 3-50 feet deep and lake trout too so something that will show me all the details like baitfish hooks and all the rest, and i guess il be using the unit for winter also. oh yeah and il be looking to spend between 300-400$..thanks again folks :thumbsup_anim:

You should try what Wayne and I did.

I use my X135 out of the boat. I did have a Vexilar but found it annoying staring at the screen all the time. Got rid of it and now use the graph instead. Gives you lots of additional features as well, zone alarm, real time, zoom features better than anything else. (this is for ice fishing).

For out in the boat you can change it easily just by removing the bracket to hold the transducer to a suction cup to mount on the boat. Mount it to any boat and have a self sustaining unit.

Here are the pics. you can use any unit you'd like this way.

PortablefishfinderX135006.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135005.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135004.jpg

It all fits in the box for easy storage and portability.

PortablefishfinderX135003.jpg

you can watch your tiny jig go up & down in 80' of water easily with the eagle fishmark 320. i'm not sure how much more you need. we use it in the spring for walleye too. it's not colour but i don't really think you need colour, my 0.02c. bps had them on sale for $200 not too long ago i believe.

I have the Humminbird 535 Portable. Got it as a gift from my girlfriend 2 christmas' ago.

I used it this year and love it.....for depth. it is very clear and you get about 8 days of 10-12 hours per battery (x2) just dont cheap out on the batteries.

I love it though. I think CTC has them. its nothing special but it is very clear, b&w, no GPS.

Great unit though for portable.

hey guys thanks for the ideas i already have an eagle cuda and wanted something a bit better that gives me great details. ive also seen some models that seem to have a flasher built into the side of the sonar and you can see the fish swim up for your bait..is it most fish finders that have this option? btw im looking to spend between 300-500$

mike the fishfinder is mostly for down here..before and when i get back from gouin for outings

Edited by carll2

Trombly's 20th Anniversary sale is on this weekend in Orillia. 11/12/13th... but a bit far to drive for you I'd bet! :mellow:

Humminbird 535 portable in the plastic carrying/battery case $179.99 ($100 off)

Cuda 168 $79.99 and the Portable Cuda 168 $119.99

Cuda 242 $139.99

Trombly's 20th Anniversary sale is on this weekend in Orillia. 11/12/13th... but a bit far to drive for you I'd bet! :mellow:

Humminbird 535 portable in the plastic carrying/battery case $179.99 ($100 off)

Cuda 168 $79.99 and the Portable Cuda 168 $119.99

Cuda 242 $139.99

Great Thanks Wayne, now I may just waste some more gas for more stuff I dont need (so I am told).

BPS Has one on sale until May 15, The model is a Eagle Cuda 168 "No color" and i it's going for $69.88 Original Price 130 i am going to pick one up myself soon.

most places will match the price as long as it's in print and not a web page print out.

a colour unit for low $? then have a look at the Garmin 300C. This is the unit I plan to get and make it a portable unit like the pic's above. good luck...