Glow in the Dark Paint for lures.

ccmtcanada

A while ago, I remember seeing a post that mentioned a commercial grade glow in the dark paint. I found a few sites online that claim to have the longest lasting formulations. One site (http://glowinc.com/) mentioned that theirs can last from 12 to 24 hours. The also said that of course it glows the brightest right away and then fades. The main thing I want to know is the decay rate of light.

My question is...has anyone used a paint that will last longer than the typical lure that you can buy (like Glow in the Dark Cleos)?

I baught some glow paint powder from angling specialties in concord last summer. Took all my beat up cleos and snaded all the paint of and applied the powder and baked them in an oven. They glow brighter and for a longer time then the glow cleos you can buy ready. A little bit of trial and error but once you get it right they work great. caught lots of salmon on them in the early fall from piers at night. hope that helps

I bought some glow powder from Ebay that calim to last for 12 hours,and they do last longer than cleo or pre-made glow lures. however, it does not glow as bright as one wants it to be. You need to use alot to make it glow brighter.

The best way is a combination of the special glow power and then use a UV pen light to shine on it. The glow is so bright and impresssive, and last longer as well.

My tweak lure is the best glow lure I have seen so far, and Salmon loves it.

Some of the higher priced hobby paints come in glow and the dark and are well worth it. The biggest problem is UV burnout so keep your GITD's out of sunlight (UV) - better stored in a light barrier tackle box. I have cleos 4-5 years old that shine like they just came out of the pack.

I have 2 other ways for adding glow in the dark to lures

At the dollar stores (what would us fishermen do without dollarama) look for the glow stick display and find the glow in the dark earrings. Comes with 2 cheapy earrings and 2 small cyalume sticks like the ones for rod tips or floats. Theres a spring holder on the earring that can be removed and added easily over a split ring. Pop this on the split ring above the treble and crack the light stick. The light stick will wag behind the spoon or bait and prodcue a ton more light than a painted lure.

You can also buy GITD fabric paints at Micheals. They come in some great fishing colors and I add them as accents on all kinds of baits.