One Awesome Piece of Machinery (NF)

Casey123

Just wanted to share a few pics of what I do for a living.

I sell constrcution equipment in and around Toronto. The company I work for sells Telescopic Handlers. The machine in this picture our flagship handler. It handles 4 Tonnes and Rotates, like a small crane.

Setting up a new piece of equipment is always a little un nerving as there are always small problems with the equipment to be worked out on site. There are less then ideal conditions as well as training a group of people who are unfamiliar with your equipment and controls.

This set up went off with out a hitch; I wish that they were all this easy.

Next to fishing for a living this is the best job I could imagine. Nothing like getting to play with big toys all day.

Big Green and Ready

DSCF0280.jpg

Big Strech (82 Feet Worth)

DSCF0298.jpg

Tight Spaces

DSCF0291.jpg

The Money Shot

DSCF0294.jpg

This machine will be used for all aspects of a Condo in Toronto on Ritchie Street. Right now they are using it to move forms, place rebar and poor concrete. later on they will use it to hoist pre fab walls, install glazing and even for the flat roof.

Thanks for looking!

Very Nice!! @ 82' how much deflection does the boom have under load??

Nice to see these lads forming old school.. Whalers, Snap ties and Wedges.... many have moved to SlipForms.. Especially in condo market....

Nice machine you have there!... Do you do rentals?

G

Very Nice!! @ 82' how much deflection does the boom have under load??

Nice to see these lads forming old school.. Whalers, Snap ties and Wedges.... many have moved to SlipForms.. Especially in condo market....

Nice machine you have there!... Do you do rentals?

G

Positive Deflection under 0 Load - Only machine in the world to boast this. Deflection under load at 82' is about 18" - it will only lift 600kg at 82' striaght out. Above 45 degrees it will lift 1500kg at 82' with very minimal boom deflection.

We rent all machines (68 diff models from 6 m to 21m) except the 25m(82 ft) machine.

Edited by 4Reel

Congrats 4 Reel. Good for you Bud. Equipment such as this makes every job easier and more profitable. As a tradesman, I know the value of such equipment. I just finished 3 weeks of number crunching myself, bidding on a 3 million dollar job, and I lost by 200k. Such is life. I hope that the successful bidders make a buck or two. Actually I hope that they lose about 100K. :D

Makes me look smarter...

Very nice machine! I'm licensed to run all forklifts, but I've never run a turret type.

I can also layout that building and ramrod that form crew. Those boys need to keep up with their impalement protection on those rebar dowels, especially in such tight quarters. Those mushroom caps aren't legal here for impalement protection only for scratch protection. If OSHA came up on a job like that down here it would be shut down and there would be some heavy fines.

Congrats 4 Reel. Good for you Bud. Equipment such as this makes every job easier and more profitable. As a tradesman, I know the value of such equipment. I just finished 3 weeks of number crunching myself, bidding on a 3 million dollar job, and I lost by 200k. Such is life. I hope that the successful bidders make a buck or two. Actually I hope that they lose about 100K. :D

Makes me look smarter...

I assume it was a tender Dan??....

The thing that gets me is the person/company that makes the biggest mistake in the budget... is usually the firm that gets the contract.... for only one reason... they screwed up! I have seen many businesses down the tubes because of budgeting mistakes... overrun your schedule by 3 weeks because of weather etc... well the contingency budget planning can only account for much...

count your lucky stars... and be lucky you lost that contract... I bet in they end you will be the one smiling.

G

Congrats 4 Reel. Good for you Bud. Equipment such as this makes every job easier and more profitable. As a tradesman, I know the value of such equipment. I just finished 3 weeks of number crunching myself, bidding on a 3 million dollar job, and I lost by 200k. Such is life. I hope that the successful bidders make a buck or two. Actually I hope that they lose about 100K.

Makes me look smarter...

G

The whole lowest tender thing never really made much sense to me. Cheapest price does not mean best work, safest practices, tightest schedule etc., I now the alot of compaines like SNC Lavalin, Ellis Don etc., have gotten away from this. They are still looking at the bottom line, but they now consider saftey records, time line, past performance etc.

You would never hear a home owner say - I want the cheapest dude in the city tobuild me the cheapest house possible. But in reality that is what happens.

Makes me look smarter...

Dan im assuming you work on the highway ??? Miller Northwest ,Pioneer,Bot ??? I spent many yrs up there on the roads spent a fall @ a summer in Kakebecca falls prolly dident spell that right lol ,few summers in Ignace,Red lake ,Ear falls, Dryden, Kenora,soo lookout soo narrows,Man I would move up there in a heartbeat ,oh great machine 4 reel sorry about the distraction

Mmmmmm.... Change Orders... That is like asking for gravy on your fries....

G

Yes on the road there called Force accounts,its where the MTO choosen consultants take a step back and look at stuff they forgot and go dammmm ,althou one of my bosses from a few yrs back always told me (Bid low and @@@@ em with the extras)

Dan im assuming you work on the highway ??? Miller Northwest ,Pioneer,Bot ??? I spent many yrs up there on the roads spent a fall @ a summer in Kakebecca falls prolly dident spell that right lol ,few summers in Ignace,Red lake ,Ear falls, Dryden, Kenora,soo lookout soo narrows,Man I would move up there in a heartbeat ,oh great machine 4 reel sorry about the distraction

I'm a tinbasher Bud. The job that I was bidding on was a new high school. Glad you enjoyed your time up here. I understand just why that happened. Is there a better place on the planet for fishing and/or the outdoors in general??

I'm a tinbasher Bud. The job that I was bidding on was a new high school. Glad you enjoyed your time up here. I understand just why that happened. Is there a better place on the planet for fishing and/or the outdoors in general??

actually T bay is my favorite Kenora a close second ,I would make the 12 hr drive tommorow with all my crap if I could find a job that payed what im making here,Georgian Bay is nice and all but nothing compared to the wilderness and outdoor oppertunitys up there

The whole lowest tender thing never really made much sense to me. Cheapest price does not mean best work, safest practices, tightest schedule etc., I now the alot of compaines like SNC Lavalin, Ellis Don etc., have gotten away from this. They are still looking at the bottom line, but they now consider saftey records, time line, past performance etc.

You would never hear a home owner say - I want the cheapest dude in the city tobuild me the cheapest house possible. But in reality that is what happens.

COOL MACHINE DUDE!

Not to keep taking this off topic but this thread reminded me of this scene in armageddon! lol

Cheers,

UF

Edited by The Urban Fisherman