Horwood Outpost/Horwood Lake anyone stay there?

Bing

It is a lake that has an abundance of snot rockets and small pickereyes. Minnows are the ticket for consistent success... the lake is horseshoe in shape and is a reservoir with a fairly consistent depth.

Tons of fish, finding big ones can be more difficult. The logging road in can be an adventure... be sure you have lots of gas in your tanks before you leave Timmins!

HH

I think Headhunter is thinking of Horwood Lake Lodge which is located at the end of Hardiman Bay and is accessible via the old Kukatush logging road. Horwood Lake Outpost is accessible by water only ( unless there's a new road that I don't know about) and the owner will tell you where he has his docking and launch priveleges. You come in via the Palomar road off highway 101 to the North end of the lake not to far from the dam. That road is usually pretty good as the cottagers pay to have it graded once or twice a year. You then go up the lake 11 miles to the Outpost. I used to love to fish the mouth of the Swaysey and had good luck there. Also some luck in front of the Woman River falls where the river enters Horwood.

Just remember that the Timmins area can be quite cool in September so take you woolies along.