Fish on Calendar

16 Footer

As said they are based on the moon phases. The way it works it three days before and three days after the new moon and full moon. So if the full moon is the BEST time to fish each day next to it is VERY GOOD and then the second day is GOOD and so on. So if the full moon lands on the 15th of the month the 14th and 16th would be VERY GOOD while the 13th and 17th are GOOD days.

So what everyone is trying to say is, if there is a full moon fishing is good, if there is a new moon fishing is good, if it is 3 days before or 3 days after a full or new moon fishing is good. Quarter Moons, fishing is okay. Cloudy fishing is good. Weather is bad. Changes in weather are good. Moons are good. Weather is good. Moons and weather are bad, but can be good if the fishing is good. If good fishing is bad and weather are moons then fishing moons with weather on a calendar should be good right? Or is it if weather is good and moons are fish, then the boat will float.........I am confused now

Look up Joe Buchers Moon Secrets, he explains everything. If not try and understand what I just wrote.

So what everyone is trying to say is, if there is a full moon fishing is good, if there is a new moon fishing is good, if it is 3 days before or 3 days after a full or new moon fishing is good. Quarter Moons, fishing is okay. Cloudy fishing is good. Weather is bad. Changes in weather are good. Moons are good. Weather is good. Moons and weather are bad, but can be good if the fishing is good. If good fishing is bad and weather are moons then fishing moons with weather on a calendar should be good right? Or is it if weather is good and moons are fish, then the boat will float.........I am confused now

Exactly!!!

Clear as mud!

LOOOOOL

Hey Mike let's not get moony or lunny about this topic!

As I understand from the replies it must be night fishing we are talking about with the moon phases.

Full moon the fish that like light at night bite. New moon the fish that like dark at night bite.

No.. nobody is talking about fishing at night under a full moon. Moon causes gravitation pulls and tides and can effect fishing just like barometric pressure changes.

So it has nothing to do with Full or New moon just the moon has to be up in the sky day or night for the fishing to be good?

So it has nothing to do with Full or New moon just the moon has to be up in the sky day or night for the fishing to be good?

No no, it does have to do with the phases of the moon. Moon Phases are huge in the Musky world. A lot of guys wont even fish if its not during some Lunar event.

Day or Night though, the moon will rise at all different times. You can just see the moon at night a lot easier. But the moon can rise and set at any time and does. Just like the sun rises and sets.

Read the links that everyone has put up so far. Some people believe that Lunar activity has a lot to do with fishing, some think its a load of *(%.

I am one who believes it does help in the Musky world. But thats just me. Stoty, on the other hand, thinks its all blah. But we both still go out and catch fish.

So I guess what it comes down to is, keep a log of your catches. You can go back at a later date and see when the lunar activity was on the days when you were fishing. See if it has any bearing on what your results were.

As for "What is the affect of Lunar activity" I am not getting into that. Its far too complicated. You will have to read up on it. There are tons and tons of source available on the net.

When I get home from work I will try and post a few quick ones.

Good points Mike. A few things I didnt know in there.

I am not a Musky fisherman, so I wouldnt know if it effects them or not.

I am speaking on my experience with almost everything but Musky. Bass, Pike, Walleye, Trout, Crappie, Perch.

I would like to get into Musky fishing though. Especially since I spend so much time on Stoney Lake.

Cheers,

*Stoty

Here is how I understand it now: When there is a full moon the earth is between the sun and the moon and in a gravitational tug of war between the sun and moon. The fish feel this affect go crazy and bite.

When there is a new moon the moon is between the earth and the sun and moon's gravitational pull is added to the sun's onto the earth. The fish feel this affect go crazy and bite.

This gravitational affect on the earth by the moon is not only felt by fish but also by animals and people. Therefore during a full or new moons lookout for lunatics, good fishing!

Here is how I understand it now: When there is a full moon the earth is between the sun and the moon and in a gravitational tug of war between the sun and moon. The fish feel this affect go crazy and bite.

When there is a new moon the moon is between the earth and the sun and moon's gravitational pull is added to the sun's onto the earth. The fish feel this affect go crazy and bite.

This gravitational affect on the earth by the moon is not only felt by fish but also by animals and people. Therefore during a full or new moons lookout for lunatics, good fishing!

More or less :lol: