Jiggy Steelhead, Crowds and Mystery OFNers

kemper

Got out on the river for an hour today around dinner time...saw a few OFNers including Bly and Cliff. Heard that cliff was being outfished as usual...

Only had an hour but I managed to land one and miss three despite the big crowds...it was like opener out there today. I hit a little spot I know that will produce the odd fish but gets overlooked by everyone on the river, the only reason that I even know its there is because Ive walked the entire river many times in the summer with my friends when I was little. Picked this guy up on roe, missed two more on jigs.

med_gallery_256_231_34591.jpg

Not bad for an hours work, I wish I hadnt missed the other two though. This hole im speaking of has a very strange current and the bottom of the water column flows much faster than the top, it seems to cause missed fish because by the time the float goes down, the fish has had a few seconds to figure out theres a hook involved.

anyways, it was a good day.

Edited by kemper

Hey Kemper,

I forgot to ask you who you were too LoL names Geoff. I am sure I will bump into you again. I went home and had a bite to eat came back down with the float rod and managed 2 but no camera as my buddy who wanted to come left the cam in the Van.

Cheers

Geoff

I was thinking about going down after dinner, But i had to drop my sister off at soccer instead. lol that was a blast!

Im sure we will run into each other again, Ill be on the river Wednesday afternoon and Dawn till dusk thursday its a short week at school!

Shes fine!

Actually, she will be joining me for an outing on wednesday! Ive explained that she cannot utter the words "Im tired" "Im bored" or "take me home" unless she wishes to take a swim in the drink. The very very cold drink.

She seems excited, we will see how it goes.

Wonder why there were so many people, couldnt have anything to do with all these reports? :whistling: whatever good job on the fish. I opted to avoid the crowd today and ended up hammering them.

Nate

if you don't want 6000 people out try and keep things quiet...tons of lurkers read these posts, see the reports and that's the extra push they need to go out and you end up with crowded rivers. Simple as that.

Wonder why there were so many people, couldnt have anything to do with all these reports? :whistling: whatever good job on the fish. I opted to avoid the crowd today and ended up hammering them.

Nate

if you don't want 6000 people out try and keep things quiet...tons of lurkers read these posts, see the reports and that's the extra push they need to go out and you end up with crowded rivers. Simple as that.

Hence the fact that no locations are revealed and pictures are edited for the benefit of the resources :dunno: ...without these posts I would have nothing to do at work !!! Keep em coming, LOL

Nate

The nerve of people trying to enjoy a day of fishing. :blahblah1:

Nice fish and report. Its pretty cool running into other OFNers while out fishing.

I was lucky enough to spend about 12 yrs. living very close to that creek.

Nice going,

ehg

Wonder why there were so many people, couldnt have anything to do with all these reports?

I think there were so many people due to it being sunny and Easter long weekend.

No big deal.

I guess we should all stop posting reports...because nobody will fish then right?

Give me a break, Im gonna keep posting my reports because I know people enjoy reading them, just as I enjoy reading posts from others. You will NEVER see me give away a location, nor post a picture with anything obvious in the background. If you can recognise the river from that picture then congratulations you are superman.

Take off.

Hosers.

Thanks for the kudos and conversation to everyone else!

tightlines!

(good humoured bob and doug joke..if you dont get it..well then take off)

tons of lurkers read these posts, see the reports and that's the extra push they need to go out and you end up with crowded rivers. Simple as that.

At the time of this posting there have been 416 reads on this post....half of them are from TJ trying to figure out why somebody was at his camp.

Wouldn't call that tons. I'd hate to see what would happen if somebody posted a Cooks Bay perch report. The lake would be full of people.

:rolleyes:

You guys know best

Nate

enjoy fishing your crowded rivers so we can all see your fish and give you a cyber pat on the back for a job well done :rolleyes: ...think I'll stick to less crowded areas with more fish, please stay in oshawa.

That's because no one wants to fish near you.

Hope this helps.

Good report Kemper! Don't let one little person stop you from posting... I just hope that all those folks lookin for some fish don't read my Cooks Bay report... awe, never mind... I didn't take any pics so they won't know which part of the bay to fish to find my "hot spot"!

Nater, if you don't like it, don't look, don't log in and post your opinions.. we all know them... enough already! :wallbash:

HH

Look right now everyone will be out their... and when opener happens there will be more... you cant do anything about it... get into the flow and do the float dance... yes some times the line gets tangled... but get over it... its not intentional... and its funny how you see the people that complain about the crowds fishing in the same places that l do... so many people and not enough shore line... catch and release and we will have fish for tomorrow.

Ken