Looking for a resort for the summer

lilkynan

Hi gang - been a while - hope all are doing well!!! -

Looking for a change this year for our summer vacation with the kids and was wondering if anyone had any input for Pointe Au Baril? Place to stay and if the fishing is anygood in August?

Thanks

Ian - hope all is well bud - hang in there!!!

Hey Bare,

Pointe Au Baril is my home away from home. The parents used to own a resort there, now taken over by Sturgeon Bay and run down :(

There are a few resorts up there. Pretty pricey though.

Have a look here: Pointe Au Baril Chamber

The main resorts are listed there. There are smaller places too, up in Bayfield, plus the Ojibway (dont know if its all private) and there are a few places for rent on Shawanaga Bay that are privately owned cottages. Or you could just camp at Stugeon Bay. Its a great park, nice and small. Jigger has also been there so PM him if you want his opinion.

As for fishing in August, depending on the time, early August (hot day and night) late August (hot only during the day) fishing is usually great. Bass really seem to turn on the last week of July/first week of August. You have Pike, bass, pickeral, and a lot of pan fish.

Its a great place to go, and if you can get out on the water, its beautiful up there.

Let me know if you want any more info and I will gladly help you out.

Edited by MuskyMike

Hey Bare, the Baril is a file place to vacation. I'm sure you have found most of the resorts listed at the chamber. you will have an amazing time. I have been going to the cottage there for over 33 years now, and wouldn't trade it for the world. Beautiful place. Musky Mike, the later pictures looks alot like the South Mag. Great shots!

Nice I got out to Shawanaga bay once last fall,trolled from the Twin sisters into the bottom of Shawanaga Bay all the way back out ,ran back to Sturgeon Bay and washed every Muskie lure I had lol nothing,still nice to get down there,Bare I dont think you could go wrong with Pleasant Cove Resort,clean nice location ,great beach area and modern facilitys for the family