March 16&17th Niagara Fishing Report (pics)

309154583.jpg

Rivers super clear and fishing has been REALLY GOOD! Biggest trick from the boat lately has been to drive WAY outside of the drift so that you don't spook the school, and always leave your motor off when over the drift/fish.

309154902.jpg

309154859.jpg

309154857.jpg

309154855.jpg

Example: you catch a fish in a drift, when/if you decide to repeat the same drift again. drive straight out towards the center of the river until you drop off the ledge, then head back up to the top of the drift. I've seen in the past few weeks with the clear water other boats drive back to the top right over the fish, resulting in fewer bites for all of us.......but i never get mad, just move and look for new water.

309154852.jpg

309154591.jpg

309154587.jpg

By avoiding the school of fish all together with the big motor running, we've had several days when you didn't have to leave a drift! Boat traffic can effect the fishing as well. Good to get in on the hot action, but hunting for fresh fish/areas has help big time!

Fish have been hitting roe, live minnows, k-wick fish, jigs, yarn flies. We've really started mixing up presentations with the clear water past two days. Good way to get extra bites over the course of the day........

309154585.jpg

309154582.jpg

Shore line is starting to break up. Seen guys having a hard time walking close to the river bank. Falling through holes, ice chunks breaking off.......be carefully if you go to the glen!

See you on the River,

309154860.jpg

Cast Adventures

Some nice steel there, sharp and chrome...

You must have some pull to advertise here like that though. Wish I had friends like that!

tight loops

HD

Maybe you should start your own guiding company and stop whining? :whistling:

Just kidding. but stop whining; Mr. Whiner Von Weinstein

It does seem a tad spammy though. I'm guessing they advertise here, somewhere.

Regardless, those are some fine fish! :Gonefishing:

Sweet!

Edited by SNAG

Some nice steel there, sharp and chrome...

You must have some pull to advertise here like that though. Wish I had friends like that!

tight loops

HD

Highdrifter,

Just wanted to follow up regarding your reply to my fishing report. 1st off My name is Paul Castellano, nice to meet you and thank you for reading the post. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures and tips that i share from my personal observation while on the water. I don't know anyone from OFC Community, and only want to share fishing reports and pictures with this group.

If i can every offer advise or update you with current conditions for the Niagara River, Just send me a message and i'll be happy to help you out!

See you on the River,

303991893.jpg

Cast Adventures

Highdrifter,

Just wanted to follow up regarding your reply to my fishing report. 1st off My name is Paul Castellano, nice to meet you and thank you for reading the post. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures and tips that i share from my personal observation while on the water. I don't know anyone from OFC Community, and only want to share fishing reports and pictures with this group.

If i can every offer advise or update you with current conditions for the Niagara River, Just send me a message and i'll be happy to help you out!

See you on the River,

303991893.jpg

Cast Adventures

Fair nough. I'm just bitter because I'm chained to a desk and I have a deadline to meet.. I withdraw my comment.

H to the D

AKA Mr. Whiner Von Weinstein

Maybe you should start your own guiding company and stop whining? :whistling:

Gawd, maybe I will! Yeeeessshh, leave it up to you to bring me back to reality.. :wallbash: For you though, I will require payment in full, and the interest is compounding daily... :canadian:

I think I'll just keep taking people out for free though.. OFC is here to make friends, not clients. :asshat:

tight loops

HD