End of season sale

Fisherman

What a joke Canadian Tire is.

Went to the Brock road store after work tonight, to check out the sale items they had.

Or, were SUPPOSED to have.

After wait in the store for 45 mins while they searched, the manager came to me just to tell me that they had none.

He checked all the surrounding stores all the way to Cobourg, and NO ONE had it.

How can you have a sale on items you DONT have??

Thats 45 mins of my life I will never get back!

:wallbash:

No one had what "it" Stoty?

I put the sale link in another thread Ketchunany started. Lots of fishing items/ sports items etc. Go to the www.canadiantire.ca website and look to the right. Click on the Clearout sale info. Lots of stuff and I checked on the auger and the portable 2 man hut. They are in stock LOTS of places... but may very well only have one like the Midland store did with my auger.

I wouldnt consider them a joke.

They have the best deals around and lots of stuff isnt regular CT junk.

Also, if you see an item on the floor and your a good guy with a manager......they can usually

knock anything down to last sale price and/or best sale price.

I have a friend thats worked their for years and years.......you wouldnt believe some of the stuff

they just throw out. Example, last year, Jiffy power auger with a dent in the gas tank....chuck it in the garbage.

big wrench sets and socket sets....oh no, one set has two of the same size, in the dumpster.

Ofcourse you need a tip on when to go dumpster diving, you need an inside source like Wayne and I LOL

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...408474396672296

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...408474396672334

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...408474396672313

Edited by KyleM

I was talking about the hand auger.

No one had it in, even though their computer systems said they did.

They look for it for 45 mins.

Its a joke that they advertise things for sale, but dont have them.

I was talking about the hand auger.

No one had it in, even though their computer systems said they did.

They look for it for 45 mins.

Its a joke that they advertise things for sale, but dont have them.

Looks like you see now why I don't go to the Brock store unless I absolutely have to. TERRIBLE service, very difficult to deal with and usually don't have enough (or any) of the "best" items in the weekly flyer.

Markham and Lawrence still had a manual auger, Jiffy power auger and shelter this morning (but had still not unpacked the 5 shimano Ice Fishing combos yet). :dunno:

Best approach is to surf the net Friday morning and contact any nearby store that "shows" the item that you want. If the sale price is on-line then it will be honored regardless of the sale date published on the flyer (unless you're shopping at Brock - but of course they won't have the item anyway). Ajax is a much, much better store.

Thanks Barnie, but I wont waste my time with CRAPPY tire anymore.

They need to hire staff that actually know what they are doing, or get a new computer system.

The computer system showed them being "In Stock" at a bunch of places. NONE had them.

I even had someone call the CT warehouse to check if they had any, and NOPE.

What a joke.

Hey Stoty,

What one in particular are you looking for. I was at ours yesterday and they had about 10 manual augers there. I can shoot out today and see if they still have one if you would like me to pick it up for you?

I went in looking for the camera deal (boat camera), they were sold out of those, but I noticed that the net I have been considering since fall was 50% off. I no longer need to think about getting a bigger net, just bigger fish.

WELL... if you want a power auger... get out of your chair and off to CTC. Sale may start tomorrow... flyer may not be up in the store and the item may be hidden in the back warehouse.... but the cash register is already programmed for the sale! :thumbsup_anim:

Don't bother with the Midland store... they had one and it now resides in my work shop!

Now what are you planning to do with that thing Wayne other then hurt yourself??? :whistling::clapping:

Ok so I went to Ct and shopped a little bit.

I managed to pick up the 8" manual auger, Frabill 2 man hut, and Abu 6500c3 reel. If any one wants this stuff it is for you. Let me know, first come first serve. If not I will be returning it, unless the reel will work for musky fishing?

I will be just outside of Peterborough on Good friday, Going the back roads from Belleville. In Ottawa on that Sunday as well as Smiths Falls.

They also had a 10 power auger for $299. I can always try and pick that up as well if needed.

Ya the auger and shelter I know I will never use. I know a lot of people have been trying to get their hands on them unsuccessfully. I figured I'm not out anything because I can return it, so why not pick it up if someone can't get it themselves. I can't loose, but someone can win.

Thats brutal Jerry.

Unbelievable that a multi billion dollar corporation is being run like this.

You think with the money, they would be able to:

1) Train staff properly

2) Actually HAVE the items they are advertising as being on sale.

I agree with training the staff. The ones here in Brockville were not that great, heck I can hardly ever find them. All this stuff I got in Prescott. Their staff was amazing. I didn't lift a finger, I just kept turning around and pointed. They even shoveled out the back of my truck for me to get more stuff in it.

As for the sale. It is a clearance event. This means you get what is left over, not always what you want. Being that I am in retail, it is easy for me to understand, but I can see how it is confusing. Hense the reason I picked up what I did.

Edited by cranks bait

Yes it's a clearance sale to make room in the warehouses. Note that even Frabill Corp does not have stock on the 2 man shelter. CTC just wants them out of the way... could even be a discontinuted model.. who knows with Frabill now having their GT models at 30%+ more retail $ than the model offered for sale. CTC is what it is and what it always will be and when you're getting something 50% off retail a bit of computer/phone and foot work is worth it IMHO. I'm amazed that they even have on-line stock checking and from what I've seen so far it was pretty darn acurate on Friday before the sale. We all complain about Crappy Tire... but who else has inventory checking on line. You won't find it at Bass Pro, Walmart or elsewhere I know of.

I posted the link to the clearance items. Easy enough to click on it.. browse the products offered and get the product code. Call or walk in the store with the print out and say I want this! I was the same as Captain Bruce.. they brought me out the power auger on a hand cart and said "here". I could have left with the cart....

Edited by irishfield