Fish'n Canada Rant

bassman

OK, you asked for it....now your gonna get it!!

My email in-box is full...my phone message system is full...you have dragged me away from my back-busting workout.... so now your gonna sit up in that chair of yours, lean in real tight to the computer screen and hear `da DAWG`s bark weather you want to or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got your attention eh????

thought so-

What kind of world would we live in if there was only ONE fishing show?

One lure company?

One boat manufacturer?

One lake to fish?

One specie of fish to fish for?

One fishing host?

pretty darn boring stuff eh?

I personally grew up watching every show mentioned...hence the inspiration to have the guts to try it myself...easy?, far from it.

I take my sponsored-logo hat off to each and every fishing show and host our there...

Watch the shows you like.

Turn off the shows you don`t like.

Negative comments by negative people do NOTHING but bring negative attention to our great sport, hobby and passion!

To those who like Extreme Angler TV, watch us, order our swag, enter our contests and have said so, "thank you".

Our show, and others with the same format are created to ENTERTAIN, EDUCATE & INSPIRE

ENTERTAIN...as in entertainment.

EDUCATE, meaning teaching YOU, how to do the things we do, on YOUR favorite bodies of water.

INSPIRE, ...as in the anglers of tomorrow, the NEXT generation.

We should be grateful that we as Canadians have freedom of speech.

unlike some of the countries our proud military are presently occupying....

be-heading is not yet a penalty for having an opinion.

There.... I have said all I want to say on this subject.

now go to our website and buy something expensive already....and lots of them!

KK (with a DAWG in his name)

INSERT THIS ABOVE DAWGS POST LOL I type slow

Gee now you have gone and done it, I wasnt going to post on this but I TOOKS ALL I CAN STAND AND I CAN STANDS NO MORE (not spelling errors, just a great quote from bugs bunny) Its amazing how different everyone looks at things, I give Mike alot of credit for coming on here and even responding to what is being said,( and I dont care who you are, some of this has got to sting) as I have gottin to know some of the guys who are doing some of the shows, I have seen how hard they try and put on a show that people want to watch, and if you take bits and pieces of just the post in this thread you will see how hard it is to please everyone, there are only so many ways you tell or show someone how to catch a fish, so once you have seen 100 LM bass caught what more do you think anyone can show you, So what is someone to do to keep your interest week after week, I for one thank these folks for even trying to entertain me for an hour. Is there a show out there that I make sure I dont miss, NO, but am glad they are there when I want to watch. So if anyone out there thinks they can do a better job, feel free to put up your money and film a show, but remember to tell me about the sting when I tell you I hate you and your show.

Edited by TOM C

This thread has certainly brought out our local fishing celebrities! Welcome to the board Mike and Karl.

Karl, you seem to speak out against negative comments of your show but in favour of free speech. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this sent mixed messages to me. In any event, should we not simply speak our minds openly and honestly? If I have a bad experience with a poorly manufactured reel, rude resort owner, or don't like the colour schemes of a lure company, wouldn't it be nice to let others know my opinion, such as fellow OFC'ers, sponsors, and networks? I see no difference in these examples as in being honestly critical (without being defamatory) in a fishing show. Like a few others, I do not care for Extreme Angler or Fishing Canada for various reasons. Many OFC'ers, however, are big fans of the show. I respect your fans and expect the same in return.

Hey I take the criticism and the compliments.

I'm not here to Justify what I do.

KK well said......Been a long time!

Tom...Total respect your obviously a decent human being.

I am just glad We have given you guys so much to talk about!

Meantime I have job to do and will continue to do it the best way I can.....

And hey Like FNC or hate it......It is not even on anymore and was two years ago!

Get with the times......

Miller

so you say...We should be grateful that we as Canadians have freedom of speech....

but then..

Negative comments by negative people do NOTHING but bring negative attention to our great sport, hobby and passion!

but free speech allows us to say what we think....the good the bad and the ugly.....

the last 2 referring to Fish'n Canada ....LOL

and if I like something I will be just as outspoken about it..not just the negative ones....

There are many great shows on WFN and lots of crappy shows.

Fishing with Shelly and Courtney for example..lol... sorry but chicks that are scared holding fish and ALWAYS have guides with them shouldnt be hosting a show.

I like both shows FNC and EXTANG . If you dont like it dont watch it.

ROCK ON !

I gotta say this, I've done a few "Internet Only - amateur shows.." and I tell ya... it is very difficult to come up with anything new all the time like that... (I have to cook a turkey for something to do...) I'm just glad I don't have to make a living doing it, cause it really isn't easy. Ive seen some show production and its not easy to put all that together.

Criticizing shows is one thing and Its GREAT that Mike got on here to defend his show! It shows that someones paying attention, which is good! One thing about forums is its easy to criticize when your not standing in front of the individual that your criticizing, I expect the conversation would be a bit different if you were...

However, being on the top of the heap, does put you in the line of fire and most fishing show hosts I know have pretty thick skins and can handle it. I think constructive criticism is great, we get comments here every day and sometimes we take 'em and sometimes we don't. thats just the way she goes. Once again though kudo's for the replies.

Nope ...sorry...not impressed with those replies at all.

If you want to learn, grow, and improve, patting yourself on the back, or getting patted will do you absolutely no good. I've been in the customer service field in one way or the other for over 20 years.

Ok you asked for it now you're gonna get it ? Give me a break.

The absolute BEST tool for insuring your show can stay on top and improve is to "man up" and listen very closely to criticism. You should almost be begging for this type of response. You have no information to improve upon when people are blowing sunshine up your butt. The best reply you guys could have made would have been a mature response to thank all those who posted both positively and negatively and in some form or other attempt to address the negative issues that you are so very lucky to have read and hopefully understood.

You've got a great opportunity to improve, and if you decide not to, then you at least cannot say that you do not know the reason for which you failed. Personally i love both shows, except the music on one, but that's why I have a volume control on the remote.

Good Luck,

Hookset.