Dude, I'm Getting a Cardiff

Rich

Anyone have any thoughts on the Abu Garcia C4 that's in the new Bass Pro flyer? I am trying to piece together a muskie setup for next season and was thinking it would be a good option. I just need something for the occasional muskie day, casting some jerkbaits, spinners etc....

I suggested the same thing and spent a fair bit of time researching the C4 last night. Seems like mixed reviews. Looks like quite a few folks out there use it for muskyfishing jerkbaits and glidebaits due to the fast retrieve. Some people report that the gears wear out if trying to crank in large bucktails. This is the reel Rich is replacing; it just seems like such a sweet deal for the cash.

mattyk: Appreciate the advice!! Finally tied into my first muskie last year during a trip with the oldman to the French, a monster 14incher :) Thought I'd get a bit more serious this season and put some dedicated days in. Hopefully I'll get a chance to tag along with a few OFC'ers this year and see what kind of hell I am in for :)