Total Lunar Eclipse coming Thursday Feb 21st.

ccmtcanada

So, with the last total lunar eclipse until 2010 coming this Thursday, who is going to be out there taking photographs? I've seen lots of great photos on here and I am looking forward to see what the membership here can come up with.

I seem to remember some great shots from Dan last year...let's hope the weather cooperates!

Long time lurker, figured this post was as good as any a way to start :)

Been looking forwards to this event for weeks. Hopefully this time around unlike the summer one the skies will be clear and I'll get a good look and images. Took a few sample images the other night just to refamiliarse with shooting the moon.

p481377623.jpg

Wulff....welcome to the board and let me tell you...that is one amazing shot of the moon!! Looking forward to seeing your shots from tonight. Where are you located? I know for me (GTA) it's looking to be a pretty good moon viewing night.

I remember one year for the Leonid meteor shower, I was all pumped to see it. I remember waking up at 330am, walking like a zombie to get my coffee...heading to the patio door in a daze and walked outside. I couldn't see 20 feet in front of me the fog was so thick. I turned around, dumped my coffee and went back to bed....LOL.

This is a very difficult shoot without a dslr. Despite that, I wouldn't be going out anyways, even if a pod of Martian spaceships was scheduled to by flying by tonight. It's just too darn cold here. If you are out, look for the US to shoot down the spy satellite, which is on for tonight as well. That could be more spectacular than the eclipse. .

Very nice Pam.

I started shooting about 30 minutes before the eclipse with a couple moon scapes. Then tried to take a couple every 15 minutes or so of jut the moon. Its soo cold my finers are numb after a couple hours out :)

I'll have some to share in a couple days once I go through them