First Trout!

jsalz

I went out and bought some rainbow gear this year full of anticipation and hope. Tried many different spots, baits, lures, in the water, from the shore. Today after 2 months, finally I got a trout! Although it was a Brown Trout. Funny thing is, I drove all over the country side this year, bought different lures and produced nothing. Went out today (afternoon) 5 minutes from my house and used a lure that was in my box for 2 years that never produced anything but for some reason today, attracted this 9 pound male. Decided to keep him because I am all done for the season now and I obviously have not kept one yet. He's a little scratched up from the rocks in the St.Clair river here in Sarnia....

DSC01595b.jpg

how long ago did you catch him, he looks in real bad shape, great job on your first trout though.

He was dead in that picture about 2 hours. It looked like he'd been in a fight, but the old dudes that fish there every day said a lot of them look pretty beat up after spawning near these rocks. It's some pretty fast moving water. I didn't say he was the PRETTIEST trout!!! LOL

He was dead in that picture about 2 hours. It looked like he'd been in a fight, but the old dudes that fish there every day said a lot of them look pretty beat up after spawning near these rocks. It's some pretty fast moving water. I didn't say he was the PRETTIEST trout!!! LOL

You are right...you never did say it was the prettiest....LOL. Congrats on your first one!!! Hope to see more reports coming to you...I see this was your first post....are you from the old board and just registered? If not, then welcome to OFC...you'll love it here.

Cliff