Beaverland Camp - Martin River

Woodsman

Can't comment too much on the camp or river.

What pops to mind though, if I was driving all that way to vacation in that area I wouldn't stay there.

I'd drive a bit further and stay at one of the lodges on Lake Temagami or even better IMO, one of the camps on Lady Evelyn Lake.

Bigger, more interesting water and in the case of Lady Evelyn much more remote..

I would have to agree with Solopaddler. Martin River area is nice on the eye's but Nothing like Lady Evelyn. The fishing prospects are alot better as well. l have recomended this place to a few people on this board and have never had anyone complain. Go the extra mile it will be worth it.

Peace Ken.

If you need info send me a pm.

~~~Been to Beaverland, and unless he has done some major work, the place was falling apart, you might want to check out Martin River Lodge. If you want to rough it, try Lake Wichstead that flows into the Martin River, only has a rough ramp. Load your boat, and head up the lake to an island and set up camp.

I stayed at Beaverland a few years ago,Its a fairly decent place(owners were real nice).The fishing from the camp wasnt too impressive but the surrounding area has some good fishing.Wicksteed and red cedar lakes are close by and they are both good lakes.