Tracker came thru with my boat repair...

Fisherpete

I am a very happy camper today... Tracker has come thru and decided to do a warranty repair for me on my boat after all. (see my previous posts if you want the full story). They realized that backing the quality of their product is more important than following the fine print on one of their warranty transfer policies - good for them! It is in the shop right now at Grumpy's marine near Newmarket being re-riveted. By the way - if anyone alse is looking for boat repairs, be it aluminum or fibreglass - these guys are very down to earth, honest and straight forward. I can't comment on pricing - as mine is warranty :) Wayne - thanks again for your previous kind offer - you and many other members on this board are amazing people.

While I am here - I will post a brief ice fishing report from a few weeks ago out of Keswick. (Sunday Jan. 27th)Four of us headed out and set up in 16-18ft of water off of Glenwoods Ave, and got into some great perch action. All in all, we landed almost 400 perch in 8 hours, with only one true jumbo for the day, but enough 7-9 inchers to have a decent fish fry that night. We kept around 60 or so. The other three guys were using minnows and doing well, I kept up to them using tiny spoons tipped with power maggots. Very nice day out there - virtually no wind - fished out in the open almost the whole time. Nice first day on the ice! Next trip will be to the laker and whitie grounds... looking to bag my first laker ever this year.

You welcome Pete... just figure with the diverse knowledge on this board if we all offered up some assistance the "world" would be a better place.

Hope your leak problem is now behind you and VERY smart of Tracker to wake up to the power of the internet and end sales numbers!

Glad to here tracker marine came thru for you, did you deal with mr.miller? JUst a heads up on grumpys, do not sign off on any repair until your satisied, i had a problem there with repairs to my boat(tracker warranty)And i wouldn't take anything there, but that's my opinion, they are very nice until you have a problem with the work, needless to say i had my boat taken to a place of my choice in the end and all was settled, just make very sure to check the repairs and look it over with a fine tooth comb, and make sure you left nothing in the boat, actually if i was u i would wait awhile to see if they resolve the problem fully, i got lots of exsperience dealing with tracker and i'm still not finished, but if your dealing with John Miller he''ll do right for ya!! Good luck!!quote name='Fisherpete' date='Feb 4 2008, 03:37 PM' post='157241']

I am a very happy camper today... Tracker has come thru and decided to do a warranty repair for me on my boat after all. (see my previous posts if you want the full story). They realized that backing the quality of their product is more important than following the fine print on one of their warranty transfer policies - good for them! It is in the shop right now at Grumpy's marine near Newmarket being re-riveted. By the way - if anyone alse is looking for boat repairs, be it aluminum or fibreglass - these guys are very down to earth, honest and straight forward. I can't comment on pricing - as mine is warranty :) Wayne - thanks again for your previous kind offer - you and many other members on this board are amazing people.

While I am here - I will post a brief ice fishing report from a few weeks ago out of Keswick. (Sunday Jan. 27th)Four of us headed out and set up in 16-18ft of water off of Glenwoods Ave, and got into some great perch action. All in all, we landed almost 400 perch in 8 hours, with only one true jumbo for the day, but enough 7-9 inchers to have a decent fish fry that night. We kept around 60 or so. The other three guys were using minnows and doing well, I kept up to them using tiny spoons tipped with power maggots. Very nice day out there - virtually no wind - fished out in the open almost the whole time. Nice first day on the ice! Next trip will be to the laker and whitie grounds... looking to bag my first laker ever this year.

Edited by walleyemen