Trying to Relocate.

newman123

Hello. I was happy to find this message board. I am hoping that some of you might be able to point me in the right direction. For the last 10 years, 4 of us from Wisconsin, USA have been driving up to a group of lakes to the east of Ignace, Ontario. We enjoy the tent camping and the remote setting this area gives us. The fishing is only for Walleye, Northern and some Lake Trout. The fishing has been fair, but getting tougher and tougher every year. I am not sure of the reason of the decline. What I am asking of you is not to give me an exact spot, but maybe point me in the right direction for a group of lakes that has quality fishing but VERY REMOTE. We love the solitude of Ontario. Any info would be a great help. If you don't want your info spread on the board, just send me a private message. Thank you.

P.S. I posted looking for info on Lake of the Woods also. I figured the lake is so large that we may be able to find an area that is not use that much. So any info would be great.

Have you taken a look at the lodge guides avail from the "old" OFC site? It's got lots of listings for NW Ontario and more remote areas. I've used it a couple of times to find places to stay and have been happy with the results.

OFC lodge guide

If you want to stick with tent camping, there are some OFC members from NW Ontario and hopefully they will offer some suggestions. Like Squid says, there lots of lakes on Crown land, almost too many to choose from...

Mike