A couple of east trib chromers

Paulus

Well, it wasn't anything like my last trip with Solopaddler, and I almost packed it in early. I visited several tributaries yesterday morning only to find that most of the rivers and creeks were lower and clearer than I'd expected, and a heavy wind rose about mid morning to really chill the bones - all of which usually means "go home." :asshat:

Luckily, the last river on my list was in perfect condition. I could tell, by the full parking lot & the heavily trampled shore, that it had been pretty well dredged. But I managed a couple, nonetheless, & I lost another. :whistling:

PICT0102b_landedskip.jpg

PICT0101b_prettyskip.jpg

PICT0096b_quickpic.jpg

Saw some geese, too. :sleeping_02:

PICT0085b_coldgeese.jpg

Oh... and a ducky... :huh:

PICT0094b_ducky.jpg

p.-

Nice fish buddy!

Wish I could have made it out with you slow fishing or not.

Would've been nice, bud. You might have known to avoid the specific mistake I made in the early, early morning (i.e. fished the wrong spot on the right river) - otherwise, you missed a cold day... no biggie!

Before you know it, March will be here...

btw, a hunter buddy of mine says that the duck is a Bufflehead.

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Nice fish!! Your buddy is right, definitely bufflehead. Back in the day, we called them butterballs. Fat little ducks.

At first I thought he was calling ME that :lol: They are shy little guys & seem to be good divers. One of these days I'll get a better camera & then I'll really deliver the shots :)

p.-