Ice Fishing Question...

pigeonfisher

Good Day fellas (and ladies),

Stupid question maybe, if Simcoe has no ice in the beginning of January are the perch grounds fishable by boat? Do people (historically) or will people fish out there in January if Mr. Nino decides that we won't have ice?

Seems to me like you would have better access to the "water" if you can move around in a boat. Also if that is the case would you be allowed two rods (as you are during ice fishing) or 10 rods (as you are in areas of Quebec during hard water)?

yes you can fish from a boat

no ..you can only use one rod from a boat, 2 if you can find a little hunk of ice to stand on....one spring I was fishing the mouth of the trent in gamebridge everyone was fishing from shore, I was 4 feet out from shore on a little piece of ice and when the CO showed up he said he was going to charge me with using to many rods, I took the camera out snapped pictures of my feet on the ice, the shore and the CO standing on the shore and told him I am icefishing and totally within the law and would be happy to make him look like a jackass in court...he told me something like I may not be breaking the law but I was breaking the sprite of the law ..whatever that meant..he walked away

the only place that could be in question..IMHO is lake scugog

where in one of their blrubs it states "open for ice fishing", so that could mean not open for open water fishing..but who knows

In Quebec some zones you aloud 5 rods and some zones we are aloud 10 lines.Although we have access to more lines the perch limit for one day is 50 compared to 100 in Ontario.Have you ever tried to manage 10 tip ups when the bite is on.Keeps your cardiovascular system pumping beleive me.

Mike :thumbsup_anim: