Another Repot from Lake Whicamacallit

oldphart

~~~~Left my place with Slug, WalleyeDreamer, and his son, for Lake Whichamacallit at 5:30, about 3 hr.s later we arrived, headed out spotted a few other souls with nothing better to do then go phishen on New Years Day. Got to the area that we phished last week only to find 2 others sitten on it with nothing to, show headed a little deeper. The wind did not help putting up our huts, but once I got it up it was very cosy. Started out with a large minnow on a drop sinker rig, and the 2nd. line another drop sinker with 2 upper hooks and small minnows in 32ft. Right off the bat "Phish On" and I was able to land a very nice 2 lb. Walleye, rebaited set up again about 18" off the bottom, I get another hit got it up part way and it's gone Drat dropped the bait down and another hit and gone haft way up, enough of this fighting the wind blowing the walls inward on my hut, and trying to fight a phish, not an east task, wish I had my Pro Trap, instead of my Lug-A-Lou, no sooner then my minnow gets to the bottom I left the bail open and sure enough the lines starts to peel off, counted to 5 closed the bail took in the slack and phish on, up comes a small Walleye about 9" long a quick Hi and back he went. Then my 2nd. rod starts working and I lost 2 right away, finally I landed a very fisty 3" Perch (CakCak). Slugs reports from his hut of landing 2 eyes about the same size as my Perch, and 3larger Perch, while WalleyeDreamer say he has 2 very nice Crappies on ice, and released a doz. small perch.

Slug had the camera he'll post the pics later after he thaws out

Three hours from the 'Shwa to lake Watchamacallit ???...Did you walk ???...or was it a very long coffee break at the shop at hwy 7 and 28 north (formerly 134)...

Just kidding...that was some storm...Glad to hear you had some action...

Big Cliff and I will get up there one of these days...if you were using minnows, where did you purchase them?

We tried Stone's for minnows once but they were a bit big Garry...never thought to use just the heads or tails...

Live and learn eh ?

Other times we used our leftover emeralds from Simcoe...prefferably live but salted worked well also...