lure savers?

forrest

I was browsing the Internet and saw something called lure saver. I got to thinking about those 3 nice Rapala's I lost one day in the summer.

I would think that a few fish might be lost or line might snap before the clip gave way.

Has anyone ever used these?

forrest

One of my friends made some a larger paper clip with 3 or 4 ounces of lead poured around it. One end was straightened to given the lead someplace to bond to. They work ok, cheap to make . Just slid it on the line and let it slide down and jiggle, usually knocks the lure loose.

thanks guys....good to know that they work.

I remember having one of those huge anchor like lure retrievers....used it maybe twice.

I think I will keep a set of these price "lure savers" for days when I want to fish that extra bit closer to that submerged tree with one of my nice Rapala's or some other lure, I told the wife, only cost $2.

forrest

I've been using Cabela's Snagmaster for over 12 years & I lost count of how many lures that it saved along with my buddies lures. There have been times when I couldn't free the lure & ended up pulling up the tree that the lure was snagged on. I highly recommend it.

Snagmaster