Showdown vertical graph

gil

I bought one last year, still under the Aqua Vu VPG name, wasn't quite sure at first, but after 4 outings now, it works to my satisfaction. Very easy to set up, tear open the velcro cover, pull out the transducer, place in the hole, turn on and pick your range and dial in the sensitivity and zoom. Very clear display with backlight. When jiggling the minnow/jig, you see the change "right now" no lag compared to the older LCD's. You can watch the fish come to look at your bait, just like a Vex or Marcum or X67. The only difference, it's in the regular LCD format of top to bottom rather than in a circle, which I personally don't like. And, lastly, the price was right, paid $199 at Tromblys last winter.

• 10 months later...

Just thought ...why did i Pm this info? Well i was a bit hesitant to put links to other sites is all, but i have done it before and i'm not doing it to advertise anyone, simply to pass on info...very good info IMHO....so here's what i sent MrEh......

DICUSSION/REVIEWS RE: SHOWDOWN FLASHER

MORE SHOWDOWN INFO/DISCUSSION

I even used mine in the boat a couple times this fall in Barrie, hang the transducer over the side, turn on, and bingo, watch the jig/minnow and fish coming up to bite. There's no time lag involved. I guess by some of the comments on the links about the Aqua-Vu/Nature Vision being no good and the only ones that are okay are the Vex and Marcum, all those guys probably drive Cadilacs too.. :whistling:

Thanks for the links. I watched the videos and I am sold on it. In-Fisherman promotes it on there ice fishing series. Seems to do the trick and very easy to operate. How would I know that I am buying the new and improved version rather than an older model with issues?

Thanks for the links. I watched the videos and I am sold on it. In-Fisherman promotes it on there ice fishing series. Seems to do the trick and very easy to operate. How would I know that I am buying the new and improved version rather than an older model with issues?

The older ones have AquaVu written across the top, the new ones have Showdown written across the top